Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sore nipple tip... :) !  (Read 5547 times)

Sore nipple tip... :) !
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:47:03 AM »

Appearantly peri has brought me swollen, sore and sometimes itchy breast. The itchyness sometimes drive me nuts, as it feels like me nipples are chafing against my clothes and bras. They don't really look dry and chafed, but that's the sensation I get.

But I have found something that helps a lot :)! Anytime I've been in water (after my morning shower or after an evening bath) I slather on a heavy diaper rash cream on my boobs, and especially the nipples. It says on the cream that it's good to use after nursing, so I guess it's escpecially appropriate for the nipple area. My nipples feel very protected, and not as unfomfortable and itchy.

Thought that my tip might help someone :)!

jorainbow

Re: Sore nipple tip... :) !
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:20:17 AM »

Or vaseline as any long distance runner will swear by!!! Xxx

Briony

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 08:56:13 AM »

Yep, Vaseline was my first thought too. Male runners swear by it, in particular! When the hrt /pill made my A cups into C cups, I also found that a non wired bra, a size too big, also helped. Tried all the expensive ones,but the £9 for two at a well known supermarket (Every Little Helps) version was actually the most comfortable!  ;)

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:51:21 AM »

I don't know why, but vaseline doesn't really do the trick for me anywhere. But the diaper cream does :) !

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 10:35:10 AM »

C cups! I dream of c cups Briony 😆😆😆😆 30H and need a bloody loan everytime I buy a bra!!!!! Let's hope I can steer clear of HRT or I may need a new back 😂😂😂😂

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 10:52:25 AM »

Jorainbow, you & me both!  It's my shoulders which ache sometimes. I'm 36G/GG depending on make. I hate to think how much my  :boobs: have cost over the years.

My nephew was very thankful for Vaseline recently when he did a half marathon.

Briony

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 02:20:49 PM »

C cups! I dream of c cups Briony 😆😆😆😆 30H and need a bloody loan everytime I buy a bra!!!!! Let's hope I can steer clear of HRT or I may need a new back 😂😂😂😂

It was the fact these things, that I'd never had before (think fried eggs for 43 years) suddenly grew that freaked me out. I have had to buy a brand new work wardrobe as nothing did up. I'm sort of pleased with the appearance of them (better late than never) but hadn't bargained on the two weeks of throbbing. Dont envy you GG/H girls one bit! x

jorainbow

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 02:36:44 PM »

Bet that was a shock! Shopping is a mare as I have such a small back size so if they fit there and round arms I'm popping out! No more button up blouses 😆😆 am due period now and it's painful taking my bra off but I've learned to laugh at it. They may be big but at least they're healthy xxx

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 02:43:58 PM »

It was the fact these things, that I'd never had before (think fried eggs for 43 years) suddenly grew that freaked me out. I have had to buy a brand new work wardrobe as nothing did up. I'm sort of pleased with the appearance of them (better late than never) but hadn't bargained on the two weeks of throbbing. Dont envy you GG/H girls one bit! x

What IS it with peri that could cause the boobs to grow? Mine are quite a bit bigger and more or less always seems to have some tenderness to them now.

jorainbow

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 02:53:18 PM »

Mine got bigger after having my boys though the rest of me didn't and the majority of my friends lost their boobs post children.
My youngest is 21 now and I'm 46 and probably somewhere in the midst of peri. Hormones. Who'd have 'em 😉😉😉

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 03:05:20 PM »

I'm also 46. No children. That was one of the first things I noticed a while back (maybe a year ago, or so) that my boobs were different. Before they would always follow a predictable pattern. They would get bigger with PMS before my period and also be sore and itchy. They would then "shrink" a day before my period and stay smaller until my next PMS period. But all of a sudden this was not true anymore. Now they more or less stay big and somewhat sore and itchy all the time (although the soreness and the itchyness varies somewhat).