Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: up date of mri scan  (Read 1978 times)

daisie

up date of mri scan
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:26:34 PM »

hi all just thought id give you an up date ,,went for my scan on the 8th instead of today the nurse called me there was a cancelation so she got me in earlier ,well i couldnt believe how scared i was ,as i was going under,, the scanner was just about touching my face  i was in such a clostophobic state i said get me out .they finaly calmed me down by giving me head phones and a mask they should have gave me them before i went under the first time. i finaly got through it after being under for 20 mins  ..had a call from the nurse yesterday ,told me everything was fine with the results of the scan.on my pelvis ..im booked in for the hysterectomy on the 29th of this month ..theres no end to all this anxiety im having im just a wreck at the moment.the only thing i can think about now is the operation ..x daisie

Joyce

Re: up date of mri scan
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:27:37 PM »

MRI scanners are horribly claustrophobic. My brother had to ensure 50 minutes recently in one. Said it was worst thing ever.

Glad to hear your scan results were OK though. As for hysterectomy, I think I was relatively calm about mine. The end of the constant pain & bleeding.  However, I wasn't the anxious person I am these days.

Is it the fear of the actual operation or something else Daisie?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 07:49:32 PM »

Thanks for the update! 

daisie

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 08:42:08 PM »

Hi cubagirl.  Yes it is the op was only 5 weeks ago I went in for a biopsy and a polyp removes when they was putting the needle in back of my hand I fainted it was so painfull when I woke up it was all over.. Im a sesative person just thinking about the op makes me cringe x daisie

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »

Hi daisie. Do you know which type of hysterectomy you're having - abdominal or vaginal?

Taz x

daisie

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »

Hi taz im having the laparoscopy one key hole thats what the nurse told me x daisie

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »

That's good. Much better than having an abdominal cut and hardly any scarring either!

I don't know if you've had time to have a look at the hysterectomy association forum but this is the recovery advice which I followed to the letter. Print it out and stick it somewhere prominent in the house so that your family and any friends know just what you are allowed to do http://gallery.mailchimp.com/a5692c6457e86f0e2182630fa/files/sbs_recovery.pdf?utm_source=Free+Hysterectomy+Booklet&utm_campaign=30c61c525a-Booklet-14&utm_medium=email

I found it a much easier experience than I feared. The thinking about it was definitely the worst part. The pain was minimal as you are given painkillers. I managed with just paracetamol and occasional ibuprofen.

Taz x

daisie

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 09:37:35 PM »

Thanks for that information taz I will check it out. Iv already been cut when I had my daughter by ceasarien so key hole will be a better choice for me I hope