Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Other women I know  (Read 5301 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Other women I know
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »

Also, I think women genuinely FORGET how rough they felt.

I'm still hip deep in peri menopause, but when I get my usual 2 week 'good stretch' each month I find it very, very hard to remember how very low and anxious I had been feeling only a few days before.

I know for a fact my Mum suffered dreadfully with sudden on-set anxiety/mood swings as she went into her 40s. Symptoms  only disappeared 'magically' when she had to have a hysterectomy at 43 and went onto HRT. I have very clear memories of my Mum being tearful. Of her having to walk and walk and walk around the roads where we lived 'to let off steam'. Once my Dad had to call out the emergency doctor, in the middle of the night, because she was so distressed.

But, now 30 years later she genuinely would argue that she ever suffered with anxiety/mood swings. It has faded so much from her memory to the point where it barely happened.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »

That's very true GRL.  I would forget my PMT until the next time so if I went to the GP I really had nothing to discuss, until the next time.

sweettooth

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 06:04:00 PM »

Gypsy that is so true, iv had the lot pmt postnatal and awful meno and breast cancer thrown in so cant have hrt!!  All through my forties on hrt i had breakthrough symptoms nausea, daily headaches upto 2 weeks ago etc etc but hrt did take the edge of.  I am now having to up my AD to help with low mood crying spells - low estrogen. hormones are very underestimated re their traumatic effects on some people.  Also there are those women who develop anxiety/depression etc because of peri/meno but dont relate to hormones being the cause!  I have a friend who says she has had no meno symptoms but she really lacks motivation and complains of aches and tiredness.....meno???

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 08:42:31 PM »

I can truly understand how this 'forgetting' can so easily happen.

For the last week I have been 'good' and can honestly barely remember how dreadful  felt only 9 days ago. It's like it happened to someone else, and all I can remember are very faint echoes. but equally when I'm 'bad' I simply cannot remember how it feels to feel 'good' and it genuinely feels like I have always felt this low and anxious, and that I will never feel anything BUT this low and anxious.

It is so bizarre. It's one of the reasons why I started keeping a Mood Diary over a year ago, so I would have actual proof, in black & white, showing when I felt 'good' and 'bad.'

And when I'm 'bad' I am convinced I will never feel 'good' again, and vice versa.

I know when I was younger and getting normal, regular periods and dreadful PS every month, each month (without fail) I wouldn't think I had PMS this time. And that in actual fact THIS TIME I was perfectly justified in feeing furious that DH had used the last of the milk, and perfectly justified in throwing a coffee cup at him in fury  :o

I would never, ever think or believe that it was the PMS making me feel this way. Until a few days later when I would look back and cringe at how I'd acted. And this would happen month in/month out.
Pages: 1 [2]