Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Headaches Still  (Read 1899 times)

moonbeam121167

Headaches Still
« on: October 11, 2015, 09:11:16 PM »

Evening all, me again, I am here again wanting advice, been suffering from headaches now for years but since my op at the end of Dec 2012 they have been worse, was on oral HRT but changed to the patches but still suffering from headaches, I am thinking now that either its nothing to do with any HRT or just HRT in general, my stomach has got better, just take a PPI daily and its good but its these blinking headaches, I can wake up with one, it radiates up from my neck, it feels like it is squeezing my head, certain smells make it worse and my eyes can hurt, tried Amitriptyline but god the side effects were horrible, going to my GP tomorrow and dont know what to ask, but all I know is that these headaches are making me really miserable  :'(

Dancinggirl

Re: Headaches Still
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 09:09:03 AM »

moonbeam121167 - I get headaches with PPIs!!! If you look at eh leaflet headaches are one of the common side effects. I had to take Lanzanprozole for 8 weeks when I developed stomach acid and constant pain - when I stopped taking them my headaches improved. I now just stick to a simple diet avoiding the foods that trigger the acid and take anti acids when needed. Perhaps try a different PPI? DG xxx

moonbeam121167

Re: Headaches Still
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 09:46:32 AM »

Dancinggirl, I have only used Nexum for a week and before that over the counter Zantac and them for about a month, these headaches have been causing me a problem for years on and off,  just got back grom the GP and she thinks its a tension headache, as I can get moody as well, I explained to her that certain smells affect me as well, and they radiate from my neck, she has given me Nortriptyline to try, she hopes they won't cause to many horrid side effects, we will see and has refered me for acupuncture, she says it isnt migraines, so we will see how I get on.....