Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone tried Macafem  (Read 131939 times)

Taz2

Re: Anyone tried Macafem
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 09:21:11 AM »

HRT can protect bones Jane but I believe that it is no longer licensed to be prescribed for this reason alone.  Do you have a family history of osteoporosis - is that the reason for the DEXA scan?

Taz x

Bette

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »

Lots of useful info here, Jane:-
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/osteoporosis.php
Bette x

lady57

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 09:44:16 AM »

Thank you both very much, my endocrinologist requests a scan every three years because i have thyroid disease (autoimmune hashimotos and no thyroid function of my own at all so on thyroid replacement) and that can affect the absorption of calcium so he likes to check especially as the first scan showed osteopenia in my lower spine. At the moment he is happy for me to be taking calcium and vitamin D3 supplement and weight bearing exercise. History is good mum had the same condition and she had the same osteopenia in her lower spine when she was 80 and had never had any HRT in her life despite a hysterectomy at 38

Gerry

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 10:33:54 AM »

Well this questions has made a great discussion. Have taken on board all that has been said, and have now ordered my first Maca pills. So will let you all know how I get on with it, and if I see feel any improvement or changes.

michelles

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 11:06:05 PM »

Hi Donna, I've been taking Macafem for around 1 year, started off with 3 tablets 2 times a day for a couple weeks and then went to 2 tablets 2 times a day. It didn't work right away for me but it did start working eventually. I think it's better to help your body make its own hormones than to replace the hormones with estrogen herbs or drugs. Recommend Macafem to all of you.
Pages: 1 [2]