Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Patches query!  (Read 3384 times)

robotwars

Patches query!
« on: October 09, 2015, 05:40:47 AM »

Hi! Please can I just ask a quick question, I'm doing really well on the evorel sequi patches but my period keeps coming when I'm on the progesterone patches, it seems to come on the second week of these patches, I thought the progesterone was suppose to stop you coming on and you come on while on the evorel 50 patches? When im on the evorel 50 patches the second week is my worse week of the month as I have a really heavy feeling in my stomach and feel awful................ is there a connection? I have a doctors appointment in two weeks to review these and just want to be clear in my head as doctors just don't seem to be well informed! LOL so thought I would ask you well informed ladies. Thanks :)

Hurdity

Re: Patches query!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »

Hi robotwars - are you still peri-menopausal? This might explain your early bleeding and the strange feelings late in the oestrogen only part of the cycle - although some women do bleed early ie before the end of the progestogen part rather than during the first week on oestrogen only. The patches are not strong enough to suppress your own cycle so ovulation will still take place (if it's going to) and maybe at another time than at the end of the oestrogen only part of the pack. It's difficult to synchronise HRT with your own cycle when it is naturally becoming irregular due to peri-menopause!

Hurdity x

robotwars

Re: Patches query!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:13:36 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, yes I am in peri-menopause