Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie here!  (Read 2272 times)

LouE

Newbie here!
« on: October 11, 2015, 08:57:54 PM »

Hi im Lou, have had a lotof health issues over the last few years which resulted in being off work and put onto antidepressants! Checked for rheumatoid arthritus, abdominal scan, numerous blood tests due to extreme tiredness, at one point i was yawning during every sentence!

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and my sister sent me a link to a sire about the perimenopause, erm hello, i tick about 80% of the symptoms!!! Had mentioned before to my doc but he was not dismissive, but didnt link any my symptoms to the menopause, im assuming he though i was too you g, im now 45. So i have made an appointment at the well woman clinic to get my coil changed, i have the merina but still have periods, they have changed from cramps and spotting to full on painful AF again! Fingers crossed it helps!!

Im glad my sister showed me that link cos i was starting to think maybe im imagining stuff or going mad!!

Hurdity

Re: Newbie here!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

Hi LouE

:welcomemm:

You are not too young for menopause - but of course it's difficult to tell if you have a Mirena because your periods are not the same as they would be without it. When was your Mirena fitted? What do the blood tests show re the tiredness and what other symptoms have you been getting?

You will find plenty of help and support on here  :)

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 06:24:03 PM »

Hello LouE and welcome to the forum.

I am amazed that some GPs are so slow to consider the menopause. They must see so many women ' of a certain age ' you'd think the meno would be the first thing to cross their minds.

Oh well, it's a good thing that you have informed yourself and you will benefit from the combined wisdom of the lovely MM ladies.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »

Suggesting menopause to patients means that the Surgery might have to spend money or show ignorance of what is required  >:(

:welcomemm:  browse round, make notes !

Swinnie

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 07:59:21 AM »

I'm a newbie too  :).  I began my journey about 5 years ago (age 41) my periods became very heavy and continuous, GP gave me a blood test and to my horror advised me I was peri menopausal.  What a journey it has been.  Mood swings, digestive problems, joint aches, headaches, brittle nails, lack of sleep, no concentration, high BP, nausea, blurred vision the list is endless.  I tried HRT in the beginning but it didn't suit so I am trying to manage without. Little did I know 5 years down the line I would still be peri menopausal. 

The symptons vary from week to week really.  My hot flushes aren't so bad it's the lack of sleep and concentration I find to be the hardest as I work full time in quite a demanding job.  Awake at 4.30 am is no joke, sometimes I feel as though I have done a days work by lunchtime. :'(.

Any tips would be welcome ladies. I take Menopace but I think it may help with the hot flushes as I don't seem to have them much.

SadLynda

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 10:04:03 AM »

Hi LouE
I went through 2 lots of GP's neither of whom even mentioned meno/perimeno they just made me think I was a malingerer and gave me no help or support at all.

Its such a relief to find this forum and realise we are not alone and we are not mad.

Not many people seem to agree with me, but my symptoms are treated with a new healthy diet all home cooked,  supplements and an excellent acupuncture bod.. oh and yoga too.  works for me ;)

I just posted about sleep somewhere else on the forum, think it was the 'health' bit.

Babsm67

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »

Hi LouE,  welcome to the forum - you have found a great source of support. Many of the ladies on here are very knowledgable & supportive, having been through the same symptoms themselves.  I don't know what I would do without it.  Hoping you find lots of valuable info on here & relief for those wretched peri symptoms!  :) xx