Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: HRT and leg pains and aches  (Read 48400 times)

Briony

Re: HRT and leg pains and aches
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2015, 05:32:13 PM »

As far as I know, there is little difference between these patches, though Estrodot is smaller and slightly more expensive, I think. We need Hurdity! x

Peterspots

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2015, 06:40:19 PM »

I have reacted to the evorel with joint pain (now subsiding :) ) and it is yam based & estradot is soya based maybe that is a consideration. Is it something that's listed on here? Estrogel is yam or soya based?

Briony

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2015, 09:04:08 PM »

We need Hurdity!! X

Peterspots

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2015, 08:04:09 AM »

Woke up this morning & aching again :( I am having a very heavy period & I am flooding. Will start the oestrogel tonight & hope luck will be on my side. Face felt better for a couple of days & now is awful again. If this is all hormonal & I find something to work I promise I will never moan about anything again

honeybun

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2015, 09:21:31 PM »

You've  changed your user name.

That confused me but I'm easily confused  ::)

Honeybun
X

Peterspots

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2015, 06:28:09 AM »

Really fed up with having so many bits of me ache. It has got less since being off the hrt but it still there. I was given an estrodot on Monday so don't know if that's stirred the joint pain up. Would liked it to have gone before I started the esteogel. I'm flooding so much at the moment & it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I didn't realise that being on the esteogen hrt made my periods stop. 1 1/2 weeks off and I stayed with this one which is just running out. (Sorry TMI) going to see a lady about my face today.  How long would you leave the joints until visiting the gp. I saw him when it first happened & he said no arthritis & they look fine & it's a side effect. I
Just feel like no one really knows what's wrong. So disappointed that I had the joint pain on the evorel because I so wanted it to work & now I have to start again.

Katejo

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »

I had this pre HRT - especially in my calf muscles. Took a few months of HRT, possibly longer, before it stopped. Perhaps you're still in the settling in phase? X

Hi Briony

I have read several of the contributions to this discussion and the picture isn't clear. Some people have more aches as a result of menopause and others as a result of taking HRT. Mine are definitely not the latter as I haven't tried any HRT yet. I am replying to your entry because your reference to aching calf muscles sounds similar to mine. Mine started in early 2009 just as my periods were becoming less frequent so I have always had them linked in my mind. I also have aching balls of feet, particularly when I have been out walking. I have just returned from a short walking holiday. My periods stopped just over 18 months ago.
I did put a question about my aches on Menopause Matters 2 years ago but only found a couple of others with similar experience so didn't try going to the GP about possible HRT then.

Anjia

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2015, 03:53:32 PM »

I have had a hysterectomy and after three years still have ups and downs with HRT so why would you go through the op I don't think that's the solution do you?

Peterspots

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »

No I don't want a hysterectomy. I'm trying the vagifem , then as the aches & pains have almost gone, and then will add the patch. I just want to be free of pain. Before I stopped taking the hrt I was getting a week at a time where the bladder/pelvic eased. This is why the consuktant said maybe the pill but I'm 50 in January.

Briony

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »

I had this pre HRT - especially in my calf muscles. Took a few months of HRT, possibly longer, before it stopped. Perhaps you're still in the settling in phase? X

Hi Briony

I have read several of the contributions to this discussion and the picture isn't clear. Some people have more aches as a result of menopause and others as a result of taking HRT. Mine are definitely not the latter as I haven't tried any HRT yet. I am replying to your entry because your reference to aching calf muscles sounds similar to mine. Mine started in early 2009 just as my periods were becoming less frequent so I have always had them linked in my mind. I also have aching balls of feet, particularly when I have been out walking. I have just returned from a short walking holiday. My periods stopped just over 18 months ago.
I did put a question about my aches on Menopause Matters 2 years ago but only found a couple of others with similar experience so didn't try going to the GP about possible HRT then.

That sounds very much like I experienced it.  It would be the muscles in both legs and I'd want to rub them really, really hard (almost pull them out of my legs if I could have done!) - but it never helped. Given that it can be caused by HRT/pill and also relieved by it, I wonder if, like so many symptoms, it's the fluctuation that our bodies don't like, not a nigh or low level per se?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]