Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: HRT and leg pains and aches  (Read 48408 times)

Peterspots

Re: HRT and leg pains and aches
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 07:25:00 PM »

Now reduced down to evorel 25 now aching in hips, legs & knees. Hoping it will ease soon as I want to stay on hrt but don't want to feel worse.

Peterspots

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »

Really fed up with the sore knees going to wait and see if I improve over the weekend but I am not sure I can put up with the aches

Peterspots

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »

Would another estrogen brand be any different to do you think? or are all the estrogens the same?

peegeetip

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 08:23:38 AM »

No another estrogen won't change this symptom.

If you reduce dose then this may or may not diminish the ache but the other symptoms may return or get worse.

Like most of us, you'll have to tough it out thru the initial "boost" to our systems then you'll feel better.

Sorry

:-*

Briony

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »

I agree with Peegee .... She's the one who kept me going when I was ready to throw in the towel!  :-*

Peterspots

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 09:10:15 PM »

Thank you. Seeing gynae next Monday & will discuss. Briony how long did the joint pain continue. X

Peterspots

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2015, 02:05:07 PM »

I know it's a piece of string but how long do you think it is a side effect it will continue after the hrt is stopped.

Briony

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2015, 03:16:30 PM »

Had joint pain for months pre hrt. ADs and codeine helped a bit. Then it  faded. It returned for the first few weeks on hrt, especially  the tight calf muscles. I had other side effects for at least three months. However, I sometimes wonder if they were 'continued symptoms' rather than hrt side effects, as it soon became clear that the dose I was on was doing nothing for me. Current stronger dose and I rarely have any pain. If I do, it's not intense and long term, like it used to be (fingers crossed!!) x

Peterspots

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »

I wonder if it's just been a coincidence. Know more (maybe) next week x

Briony

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »

Good luck - let us know how you get on x

Peterspots

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2015, 04:49:11 PM »

I'm 2 months away from 50 so I don't think I can go on the BCP. Disappointed joint pain is still there thought it would stop the next day after I had the last evorel x

Briony

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2015, 05:35:19 PM »

Guess it takes a while to get out of your system. Took me 3 months to feel the benefit, so I suspect it doesn't leave your system immediately either. It takes time, either way.

Peterspots

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2015, 06:46:11 AM »

As I don't feel better I wished I'd stayed on & persevered. VA is better with vagifem. Can't beleive how my body has fallen apart this year & the horrible experience of the Cystoscopy & loosing sensation in my bladder. Now joint pain & horrible leg muscle pain. Can it really be the menopause.  Oh & to top it the tinglimg in my face. I am a positive person but this is so testing. Oh & the glorious muscle twitches ......though I don't mind thoughs I think they are funny!

Briony

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2015, 03:59:15 PM »

I know it's a cliché, but I do understand how you feel. I still struggle to accept that hormones can cause such havoc - I have had MRIs, brain scans, nerve conduction studies .... and yet all the time, it was those pesky hormones ???

Peterspots

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »

Been to see gynaecologist. She has suggested changing to estrogel & also the evorel 25. I have been given estradot 25.  Is there a difference between evorel or estradot.  As I think I have had a reaction I may prefer to continue with the estradot. Another option is to start with the esteogel & see if it effects my joints. They have improved since stopping the evorel. If this does not work the gynaecologist may suggest I go on the BCP to even out my hormones. Another option is a hysterectomy but I would prefer not to do that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4