Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Shaking, out of control  (Read 3381 times)

Yammy1

Shaking, out of control
« on: September 18, 2015, 06:46:51 AM »

Hi just wondering if anyone else has experienced uncontrolled shaking and finding it very hard to breathe. I have suffered on and off with anxiety for a number of years, I'm 51 now and living with the hell of the menopause. But last night I really got a fright when the shaking started, I felt I was losing it  :'(  over the years I have had three boys all die in infancy and last night there was a programme on t.v about the  children's hospital they died in, I think seeing this triggered my ( attack) sorry if I'm depressing everyone but I was really scared, just wondering if my hormones could have caused this as I have been having a good few weeks prior to this. Thanking  you In advance

Kathleen

Re: Shaking, out of control
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 08:21:37 AM »

Hello Yammy1 and welcome to the forum.

Your post reminded me that I did have episodes of shaking, often in bed for some reason. I realise now that I must have been hormonal at the time. I am post menopausal now and using HRT but I find that I can have times when I feel okay to be followed by a return of the anxiety etc so this may be what you are experiencing. I am sure one of the expert ladies will be along soon to advise you.
I am so sorry to learn that your three boys died so young, that must have been a horrible time for you.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.

SadLynda

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 11:27:29 AM »

Hi Yammy, also very sorry for your loss (s).  Understand why that program would distress you so.

Yes, I have had the shaking too with the bad attacks, lucky for me not so often though.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 12:39:26 PM »

I have had the shaking today....maybe a blood sugar drop after watching the hospital programme and difficult memories.....think mine was blood sugar after a horrible memory of sad news today x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »

So sorry to read of your loss.

It sounds like a panic attack to me, not surprising really after watching the programme.

Hope you are feeling better now.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 06:34:26 PM »

When I have a panic attack I shake, hard enough to move the bed!

What support did you have at the time that the boys died? were they triplets or spread apart?  So difficult to deal with  :bighug:

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »

Doesn't really matter what support you get at the time CLKD......that kind of thing colours your life forever.

Should probably say Yammy, I lost my daughter at five days old....so I really do understand.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »

I think that support can help Honeybun, because sometimes child death is ignored because others don't know how to react  ….. and parent/s left to 'get on with it, there will be other babies' ……. of course it affects the rest of a persons' Life  …….

Yammy1

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 05:23:17 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words. Didn't get support really but at least myself and hubby have each other. My boys were born at different times, they all lived for a short time, one ten weeks, one four days and one only half hour. They all had heart defects so maybe that's why I panic when i think there's something wrong with my heart, palps, rapid breathing etc. try to stay positive I have two beautiful girls and last year became gran to my beautiful grandson :) . Hopefully this too will pass and there's light at the end of menopause x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 05:43:09 PM »

Thanks for sharing.  Did you name the boys? Photos?

Have you been better today?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 07:05:02 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Yammy1
The menopause throws up so much that very few of us are prepared for.  Nobody tells us what will happen to our bodies and minds when oestrogen starts to fall.  Hormone changes can seriously 'mess with your head' and episodes like panic attacks, shaking etc. can strike even the toughest of women.  You describe your meno as 'HELL' - what symptoms are you getting?
Do read up all the info on this site and perhaps armed with this information go and see your GP to discuss options for treatment - you don't have to put up with constant flushes, night sweats etc. - HRT is relatively safe for most women and can bring some quality of life, so may be worth considering. Do keep posting  DG x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 07:51:47 AM »

Do you have a Practice Nurse you could chat with, some do 'well women clinics' which would be an opportunity to open up discussions about your symptoms.