Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Neck pain and anxiety - on HRT  (Read 7121 times)

Yamas

Neck pain and anxiety - on HRT
« on: September 08, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »

Hello everyone,
I feel for you all but it's nice to know someone else is feeling the same!
I'm new here and searching for answers, hopefully someone will be able to relate to my symptoms?!
I had a TAH/BSO in 2012, age 50, for fibroids/endometriosis/adenomyosis/burst ovarian cyst.
I was put on Evorel patches on day 3, 25 to start with and eventually 75.
I then had to come off them prior to fall bladder being removed in April of this year and I felt good, for a while, then I developed anxiety and felt nervous all the time, as though I was going for an interview! Saw GP and put back on Evorel patches 50 but I have been having dreadful base of head/neck pain so I have increased in last couple of days to 75.
Does this mean I am low or high in oestrogen?
I don't know what to do for the best, I have also developed tinnitus in last few months, I sometimes think I'm going crazy!!!
Please help 😳😒

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Neck pain and anxiety - on HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:03:04 PM »

:welcomemm: …… you aren't going crazy though it can feel like it! HORMONES  >:(  ::)

A drop of oestrogen can cause laxity of muscles which can cause various aches and pains all over  ::)

Are you able to explain 'fall bladder being removed'  :-\ ……

Blood tests are notoriously unreliable for showing true hormone levels.

Yamas

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 06:22:18 PM »

Typo error! Gall bladder!
I keep thinking I would be better off without HRT but it's so difficult to know the right thing to do!
I felt really good for a few weeks post hysterectomy then I had all sorts of weird symptoms.
The neck/head/shoulder pain feels like tension but it goes right up the back of my head.

Yamas x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 06:45:46 PM »

May I giggle - it's that strange woman again [see appropriate thread  ;) ] - there's a strange woman in my house

Stress can cause the tension from the shoulders up into the base of the neck and into the head.  I have a nerve which when I move suddenly makes me go 'oh', lie a whooshy feeling  :(  ::) - used to it now.

It can take 3-6 months before one feels benefit from HRT  ;)

There are pull-down menus, top of screen for a browse: make notes!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 06:51:03 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Yamas
You've had a rough time - poor thing. I think you need to stick with your 75 patch if it helped you before and I'm sure you will feel better in a few weeks. You have been without oestrogen for a while and it can take time for the body to build the levels up and adjust.  The pain at the base of your neck may be nothing to do with hormones - you have been going through a lot and it could be tension related. Can you get to an osteopath or physiotherapist to help with this? Your GP may be able to refer you. DG xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 07:02:17 PM »

Hi Yamas

:welcomemm:

You are definitely benefiting from having additional oestrogen after your operation - 75 mcg is not too much as you don't have ovaries. Hope you feel better soon!

Hurdity x  :)

Yamas

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 10:55:29 PM »

Thank you for the replies.
Been to see GP today who seems to think my head pain is muscular or maybe neuralgia.
Whatever next?!
I'm staying on Evorel 75 for the time being in the hope that the old me will return soon!!!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 08:18:44 AM »

Yamas
Stick with the patch as it will help in the long term and I'm sure in about 3-6 months you will find you feel better.
It takes time for these things to work.  DG x

Kat17060

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2023, 02:00:04 PM »

Did you find relief? I’m having same issues the gels patches causing intense neck pain and headache the higher the dose!

Emma74

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 08:22:22 PM »

Not sure of this is allowed but I would visit a physio or chiropractor. Anxiety can cause neck pain and tinnitus but so can bad posture and if you have been carrying stress this could be an easy fix. I hope you feel relief soon!