Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Night time visits to the toilet  (Read 10231 times)

toffeecushion

Re: Night time visits to the toilet
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 10:46:50 AM »

Isn't it weird - I slept through the the night having posted that I never do!!

lol, I will try that one - I never sleep through the night :)

SadLynda

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »

Sparkle - the milky drink did nothing for me either, but make things worse maybe.

Bramble, coffee in bed? wow, lucky you.  Only been a few weeks but I am missing my daily coffee almost as much as I missed my ciggies 3.5 years back.

I had a yogi bedtime tea last night - very nice, and only got up twice:)

Ju Ju

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 11:43:54 AM »

DH's visits to the loo are more of a problem to me than my own need to go. Last night I counted 5 visits. He gets back to bed shuffles around, falls asleep, snores and I'm left wide awake. Just as well I love him as I would smother him with a pillow!  ;D

SadLynda

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »

not the liquid sparkle, as I now have the yogi tea, and before that I had honey and lemon - but if I tried milk things got worse, and the time I tried 'horlicks' omg, never again.

toffeecushion

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 02:14:04 PM »

I find warm milk helps me sleep and is soothing, but I still wake up to go to the toilet.

Bluebell59

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 02:59:11 PM »

Please don't drink tea, even decaf.  Tea, (including decaf) contains Tannin.  Tannin, is used to soften leather so imagine what it does to the bladder !  Also do not drink cranberry, cranberry irritates the bladder which is why people drink it just when they have an infection as it irritates the bladder wall to get rid of stuff.  I found all this out on www.cobfoundation.org/   this is the cystitis and over active bladder foundation, neither drink orange juice - citrus is an acid.

Also look at your diet, are you acidic? Get some ph strips from the internet, if you are acid in your urine then you probably are in your blood too, leave off acid foods/look up acid & alkaline foods on the internet.  For example, meat is acid, vegetables are not.  From yesterday I cut out red meat which is hugely acidic.  I don't think I can cut out meat completely so I shall eat chicken and fish and see how I get on.  You can get ph drops to put into your drinks to make them more alkaline.

Oh and sugar, bacteria sticks to it and breeds.

I now drink just herbal tea, camomile, peppermint and Red bush tea and I sip water and I don't drink after 8pm.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 03:19:17 PM by Bluebell59 »

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »

I'm superweird, I think, because this is probably the ONLY thing that has DECREASED for me...  I used to wake up EVERY single night for years to go pee. Not anymore. And now, as far as I can tell, I'm in perimenopause. Isn't that odd?? I have my digestive problems, my hot face, my large itchy boobs, my depression/anxiety, and so on. But my needing to go pee in the night is almost gone, as are my headaches. Am I the only one????

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2015, 05:03:58 PM »

No, my periods are not further apart, but lots lighter. This time it was 27 days between, which is actually on the "close side" for me. I started my period Thursday and it's already very light today. It never seems to get superheavy anymore. But maybe that's something that is coming...?

On-and-off poor sleep for me and quite a lot of anxiety too. The "why" about my digestive problems is always at the back of my mind, even though it feels like hormones is a very likely culprit in conjunction with all other symptoms... Oh, yeah, my on-and-off itchy boobs keep me anxious too...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:08:16 PM by 20032003 »

SadLynda

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 10:41:07 AM »

Thank you Bluebell59, I did not know that.  I had two cups of 'caffine free' tea today and not been off the loo, I was starting to think they lied about the caffine.  Never liked orange juice or any fruit juices really unless Imake my own with melon and fresh fruit.

must take a look at that link thank you.

toffeecushion

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »

Isn't it weird - I slept through the the night having posted that I never do!!

lol, I will try that one - I never sleep through the night :)

It didn't work :(

Rebelyell

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 11:39:28 AM »

Shame TC, it worked again for me!!

Don't worry, I'm not intending to post on here every day!

toffeecushion

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 03:52:46 PM »

Shame TC, it worked again for me!!

You can go off someone you know lol ;)

Rebelyell

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »

Please don't, I promise normal service will resume tonight!!
Pages: 1 [2]