Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sertraline Day 8 - can't stop crying  (Read 22375 times)

dazned

Re: Sertraline Day 8 - can't stop crying
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 08:31:10 AM »

Just to clarify ADS are not just used for depression! They help with anxiety,palpations,panic attacks and many women use them alongside hrt as I do or on their own,everyone is different and need to take what works for them .

Bluebell59

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »

Just to clarify ADS are not just used for depression! They help with anxiety,palpations,panic attacks and many women use them alongside hrt as I do or on their own,everyone is different and need to take what works for them .
Yes, dazned  I understand that. Each and everyone one of us is different. What was annoying was the fact that I wasn't told.  :(

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 08:50:04 AM »

Morning All - thanks for your replies.

CLKD - you made me chuckle last night, regarding the stag do! My husband is a toy boy, and is 40! It's his best mate from work who's getting married for the 1st time at 43! 😍

Bluebell59, how long did you take the Sertraline for? And what do you mean, you are still feeling the effects? I started off okay for 6 days, then had increased anxiety. Which could have been my hormones or the Sertraline! But I agree I definitely need some hrt.

Peri penguin - glad you found something that works for you. I think I'm going to back to work next week after been off a fortnight. How long did you try Sertraline for btw? Did you have any side effects coming off it?

peripenguin

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »

I can't remember now, not long because I felt much worse when I was on it. I had to have a week off before going onto mirtazipine and it was the week from hell, serious anxiety issues.

Bluebell59

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 08:57:27 AM »

Morning All - thanks for your replies.

Bluebell59, how long did you take the Sertraline for? And what do you mean, you are still feeling the effects? I started off okay for 6 days, then had increased anxiety. Which could have been my hormones or the Sertraline! But I agree I definitely need some hrt.

I took them for just 2 days !  Last thurs and fri, still feel bad, but better than yesterday  !
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:00:55 AM by Bluebell59 »

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »

I'm quite happy to take an AD, took Venlefaxine 12 years ago and it did the trick for me. But would like to see what the hrt can fix first. My problems are I overthink things and let me worries get out of control, 1 day I want to get better and take whatever's necessary and the next, I think I don't need any medication. Suppose it's all part of the anxiety😐

Bluebell59

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »

I'm quite happy to take an AD, took Venlefaxine 12 years ago and it did the trick for me. But would like to see what the hrt can fix first. My problems are I overthink things and let me worries get out of control, 1 day I want to get better and take whatever's necessary and the next, I think I don't need any medication. Suppose it's all part of the anxiety😐

Ditto Mis71Mum
I also 'think too much', I'm trying to be logical and think things through first and discuss them with my husband before I waste yet more money buying stuff.  I see something and think - 'yes, that'll work' but doesn't  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 04:15:33 PM »

Glad I brightened up a moment for U - is he Best Man? and was he bothered particularly about not attending the Stag event?

How have you felt 2-day?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 05:23:05 PM »

Hi CKLD - I've had an awful day, ended up in the back of an ambulance having a panic attack. Can't believe this afternoon. I took 25 mg yesterday and 12 mg today at 12, and not sure if the crossover, ie taking them too close together brought on my first ever panic attack. Went for a walk to try and clear my head and ended up flagging a policeman down.
Won't be taking them again.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »

It should say that I took yesterday's dose at 4pm!

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »

Panic can over-ride medication.  How does the anxiety affect you, i.e. what symptoms do you suffer with?

Some medications can do exactly opposite to what they are designed for  >:( it really can be Trial and Error!

Did the Ambulance Crew reassure you?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »

I thinks because I felt so hyper after taking the quarter of a tablet, so tried to walk if off.

The ambulance woman was on fluxietine, the paramedics wife had pnd and was on diazepam. The policeman said i could walk his dog to take my mind off things! Yes they were all sympathetic to me.

I need to try another AD next week when I see my GP.  I know it probably is wonderful for many people out there but I just need to find the one for me.

No my husband is not the best man and I think he knows I need him right now. Don't know what I'd do without him.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »

It's good that your Man is supportive.  :medal:   Nowt better  ;)

Glad that the emergency crew were so good!  :great:

SadLynda

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »

What a scary day.  Hope you are feeling more chilled now. :hug:

dazned

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 06:40:08 PM »

I'm sorry you are feeling so awful  :hug:

I tried a couple of ADS until I settled on the one I use now so I empathize with you .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4