Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Sertraline Day 8 - can't stop crying  (Read 22376 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Sertraline Day 8 - can't stop crying
« on: August 27, 2015, 05:38:17 PM »

Has anyone ever stopped taking sertraline at 25 mg after 8 days? Do I just go cold turkey? I feel so much worse than when I started taking them. I have more anxiety and feel very low. Any advice is very welcome xxx

dazned

Re: Sertraline Day 8 - can't stop crying
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:54:45 PM »

Sending you  :hug:

It's a horrible place to be in but most ADs unfortunately make you feel worse before you feel better,try to hang on a few more days if you can you should start to pick up soon. Try to make sure you eat little and often and don't put too much pressure on yourself hope you pick up soon.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:37:36 AM »

Aw - thank you so much. I started taking the sertraline because of the anxiety but feel like it's making me depressed and weepy. I'm currently of sick at the moment because of my anxiety and feel under pressure to get well this week as I'm due to return to work on Thursday.

dazned

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:34:20 AM »

I started taking ADS back in March for anxiety,palps,etc. It took about 14 days before I settled on them with support from someone on here as I was so groggy on them I nearly gave up . Start a mood/food daily diary see if any patterns/triggers occur,make sure you eat little and often,try slow release foods,like porridge,bananas,if blood sugars drop this can bring on anxiety surges ,also it's important to keep hydration up. If you start the diary noting down all things you can read it back over as when your in a particular bad spell things tend to merge into each other and sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees,I know I couldn't anyway,then if you still can see no improvement say in 10 days go back to gp and ask for a different type of ads but you should start to tiny improvements each day. Take care

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been having intrusive thoughts that has really scared me especially when I have a 5 year and 6 year old daughters to take care of. For now, I've given them up and will go back to GP next week. This has all started/got worse since I've stopped the hrt, femoston 2/10. As soon as I get my cycle back to normal, I'll get some hrt from GP. This has been the worst 6 weeks ever since I stopped it. Thanks again

dazned

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 04:53:32 PM »

Why did you stop the hrt,did you not find it helpful ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »

Some ADs can cause the opposite effects to what it is designed to do  ::)

If you are getting intrusive thoughts, best to stop taking it.  Why did you stop the HRT  :-\

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 08:39:30 PM »

Hi - I had to stop hrt because of heavy bleeding. I really got along with my previous dose of femoston 1/10 but my GP made me stop my 2/10 dose mid packet. Since them I've had hot flushes, anxiety and been a bit over emotional ever since. My last withdrawal bleed was 20 th July, so desperate for my cycle to restart so I can some hrt. As I have been struggling at work recently, I thought the AD's would help me get back on track and help me cope. Now I think I need the hrt before I consider taking any further AD's.  Is there any hrt I can take before my cycle restarts? I'm 44 btw!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 06:01:17 PM »

Hello All - after what I can only describe as a massive come down since stopping taking the medication, I have tonight re-started 25 mg of sertraline. Maybe I have to accept that I do need them. I just hope they work and soon.

dazned - do you mind me asking which AD's you took?

I'm back at my GP on Tuesday so will tell him that I've been feeling worse.

dazned

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »

I take mirtazapine which has helped me with my chronic insomnia and anxiety,just felt awful before ,would of tried anything to be honest.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 07:06:18 PM »

Tell your GP that you need the HRT.  Was the F 1/10 not enough to ease symptoms?  There are several types on the market and heavy bleeding, once investigated, can be helped by a drug …… of course, name escapes me.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 07:45:24 PM »

Thanks for both replies. A couple of hours after taking the 25 mg, I feel relaxed and balanced tonight.  Which is a welcome relief from the panic and anxiety I felt earlier. I'm in so much trouble, my husband was supposed to be going out tonight on a stag do but has stayed in with me as I was so nervous earlier! Now I've come round a bit, I feel super guilty 😊

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 09:14:20 PM »

He's with you for a reason  ;)

A stag 'do' at his age ………  :whist:   is he Best Man?

Bluebell59

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 07:54:51 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been having intrusive thoughts that has really scared me especially when I have a 5 year and 6 year old daughters to take care of. For now, I've given them up and will go back to GP next week. This has all started/got worse since I've stopped the hrt, femoston 2/10. As soon as I get my cycle back to normal, I'll get some hrt from GP. This has been the worst 6 weeks ever since I stopped it. Thanks again

I was prescribed these last week - heavens - dizziness, migraines, upset stomach.  I'm not depressed, I'm menopausal - I need HRT not these blooming things - have stopped taking them, still trying to get over the effects.  What really annoyed me was the fact the doc didn't even have the decency to tell me she was giving me AD'S.  I didn't find out until the pharmacist wanted a word with me - even he was shocked ! >:( :cuss: :steamed: :diablo:

peripenguin

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »

Mirtazipine works well for me, I tried sertraline and it was truly awful. But it's taken 7 months for the mirtazipine to help, or maybe it was being signed off work for two months that helped.
Stupidly I stopped taking it for 5 days thinking that I didn't need it and it really screwed things up, that was two weeks ago nearly and it's not working as well because of the break. I won't be doing that again in a hurry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4