Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Update on 'sore' cervix/using utrogestan vaginally  (Read 2168 times)

evey

Update on 'sore' cervix/using utrogestan vaginally
« on: August 24, 2015, 08:39:23 PM »

Hi
I had posted few weeks ago asking if the above caused cervix problems as GP had referred me to the 2 week gynae clinic for tests. I had ultrasound scans and my lining was found to be thin and then an internal exam and everything was found to be normal, my cervix hadn't been 'sore' but it was blood, but thank goodness it's ok. The consultant asked me all about my hrt regime so I xplained it all to Her, she thought I should change from estrogel and utrogestan to a hrt continuous patch so I do not get any bleeds!!    At the mo I use 200mg utrogestan every other month for 7 days which gives me a bleed and 1 and half pumps every day of gel, I used to use 2 pumps of gel but whilst away this summer for 2nonths in the heat was feeling not good so cut down to 1 pumpp per day, felt much better and now 1 pump and bit extra, have no hot flushes etc but if I do I just have a bit extra gel, I have also cut down a lot on sugar, not for dietary reasons just could eat no choc or cakes etc in the heat and noticed my flushes etc stayed away even on 1 pump a day so wondered if sugar intake is linked to flushes etc,  I guess no hrt regime is without any side effects as vaginal dryness is more of an issue when using less estrogel!!   I wondered for any feedback on patch recommendation though I realise we are all different, I did use patch whenever I first started and I cannot take the one with noristherone as it made me feel depressed! I am just 57 and post meno about 4years, also slight build so bit worried about the patch as its 'one size for all' ???