Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem side effects  (Read 4142 times)

Sarai

Vagifem side effects
« on: August 24, 2015, 12:49:59 PM »

Well I've used 6 of the vagifem pills but won't use anymore. I now am getting serious hot flushes and crazy night sweats. I know I could have anyway but it started the first day I used it. I've have abdominal cramping, which I can cope with also changed bowels.
And most importantly to me my tinnitus has changed and worsened from the first day of it.
Very disappointing but I'm done with hormones. Obviously that won't make sense to those of you who get on with it, but I'm different I react to everything.

honeybun

Re: Vagifem side effects
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:54:43 PM »

Have you tried something like Replens or another moisturiser.

I did initially have stomach cramps when I started but it did pass....but as you say we are all different.

Honeybun
X

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 01:06:11 PM »

No not yet honeybun,
Im actually scared stiff now that I've cause more damage to my tinnitus Ive even had a worsening of hyperacusis. I really thought it could not be that but there are some studies online regarding the relationship. God I wish Id read up first. Do you think the effects will wear off?

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:33:07 PM »

Yes I'm sure your side effects will wear off quickly. Vagifem has very little uptake into the body but obviously enough for you to feel this way, so it shouldn't be long before you start to feel better.

You really need to stop that area drying out though so if I were you I would research vaginal moisturisers to find something that will help you.

Honeybun
X

Jenna

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 01:40:59 PM »

I use Estriol cream twice a week and 'Yes' water-based organic vaginal moisturiser on the other days. I have tried other moisturisers, but this one does not irritate me and it is hypoallergenic.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »

I don't think that it will have caused any permanent changes to your hearing sensitivity Sarai. Do you know what caused you to develop it and have you had treatment?

Taz x

Sarai

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 02:00:26 PM »

Taz2 the million dollar question for the millions of sufferers is why they developed it, both hyperacusis, of which very little is known and tinnitus. Tinnitus is untreatable at this present time, its all about management and habituation. I had habituated but this years events have seen that unravel. I was making progress but honestly since the vagifem I have gone backwards.
I have scared myself now, as the vitamin D reaction caused my tinnitus to get worse in March, now I'm kicking myself for risking something again, I really thought it would be ok down there but clearly not.
How long do you think it takes to leave your system?

jorainbow

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »

Hi Sarai.  Sorry to hear you had problems with vagifem though I am a little relieved as I had some side effects following the 14 days initial course such as anxiety, extreme tiredness, cramps and spotting though opinion was the uptake was so little it couldn't have been from the pessaries. I felt much better after a few days without it. My normal GP advised using replens when I spoke to her this morning and I've also heard YES is highly recommended so I'm going to try this first  Xxx

dahliagirl

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 11:04:35 AM »

https://www.vagifempro.com/about/how-it-works

Vagifem is absorbed a little, especially in the initial stages, then it should decrease
Hope this helps