Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Does any one else suffer from painful swollen boobs?  (Read 2750 times)

momo49

Does any one else suffer from painful swollen boobs?
« on: August 24, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »

Hi everyone,
I had a full hysterectomy last June, i was put on 2mg elleste solo tabs which was great at first then after a while i began suffering from and still do from aches & pains in hips knees every joint really so my aunty suggested to ask to change to patches which i have, the pains are still there although  :'(slightly better but now its my boobs they are soooo painful i cant hug people turning over in bed is awful and i cannot go without a bra because they are so heavy & painful. Do anyone else suffer like this do you think i need to change the patches?

Many thanks

Mo

Dancinggirl

Re: Does any one else suffer from painful swollen boobs?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »

Hi momo49 and welcome to MM
This is quite common and should settle down as your body gets used to the hormones. You don't say how old you are or why you had a hysterectomy? Were you still peri meno or were you already post meno?
Some find taking Evening primrose can help things but my gynae says it's the body waking up from being oestrogen deficient.  DG xxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »

Ouch, it can be so painful can't it?

Prior to all this peri nightmare I used to get swollen and painful boobs. Had to wear a sleep bra, and would increase by 2 cup sizes.

Then suddenly it all stopped, no pain or swelling each month. And at the same time my periods suddenly got very light. Think it was a sudden lack of enough oestrogen?

When I started HRT after about 6 weeks I got very painful boobs again. So, like DG says it's your body waking up to the oestrogen again.

momo49

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »

Hi Dancingirl,

Thanks for replying sorry i didnt give enough info, in 44 and i had to have the op due to heavy painful bleeding,my one ovary had been eaten away by endemetriosis and they left one ovary in but a month after the op i had a blood test and they said the ovary had stopped working and i that i was in full menopause and to be honest i have felt worse since the op if its not the aches in my hips its painful breasts. When its gets so bad i stop taking the elleste solo mx 80 patches for a few days and then i feel myself getting really snappy i just cant win, do you think i should keep trying with them or is there another hrt i can change to ive been on these patches about 4months now.

Thank you

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:11:53 PM »

Hi momo49
You could ask to try Oestrogel which you apply daily and you can adjust the dose to suit your needs - so start with 1-2 pumps per day applied to your inner thighs and then after 3-4 weeks if you feel you need to up the dose you can. The aches and pains are to do with the lack of oestrogen and this should get better in time .  Do try a take some gentle exercise like brisk walking as this can really help - if you can get to some Pilates or Yoga classes that is even better.  Also make sure you take some Omega 3 and vitamin D as these also help with aching joints.
The problem with HRT in pill form is that they have to be stronger as they go through your liver - I think you would do better with gel or patches.
You are young to be without oestrogen so do continue with HRT until at least 53 to protect your heart and bones.
Keep posting  DG x