Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: LadyCare Magnet  (Read 31759 times)

honeybun

Re: LadyCare Magnet
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 09:41:23 PM »

Well I have my magnetic bracelet on and I'm still here.

And it's helping......anyone going to disagree  ;D ;D

Honeybun
X

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 10:44:44 AM »

Belinda Carlisle swears by the magnets. Dr Currie has commented on it in this article (not sure if it's been posted already) http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/618345/Singer-Belinda-Carlisle-menopause

I do think that magnetic therapy can help with arthritis pain - just not sure how it could help hot flushes but the mind is very powerful I suppose.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »

I'd not seen that article - Thanks for posting it Taz.

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 10:52:47 AM »

I read it in the week and meant to post it on this section.

Taz x

lancashirelass

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 11:14:25 AM »

I tried the magnet when on zoladex all it ever did for me was stick me to a sainsburys trolley! 

dazned

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 03:00:56 PM »

:rofl:  @ Lancashirelass

Dorothy

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 06:31:25 PM »

Are you sure the dragging sensation wasn't due to the weight of all the metal objects attached to your magnet?  ;D

bramble

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 10:20:30 PM »

I have worn a magnetic bracelet for about 10 years now to help with joint pains and I am sure it helps. I have not had the lengthy  periods of intense pain that I used to get years ago. Mind you, that could be something else that has changed with the passing years like my migraines! So, magnetic therapy gets a thumbs up from me.

Bramble

Dandelion

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 02:01:42 AM »

I'm cross that doctors stop some wearing HRT, because I think it is cruel.
The million woman initiative has been proved to be faulty, and Annie Evans gave a great set of videos debunking the million women initiative.
And shouldn't a woman be allowed to make her own decisions on her own body?
If doctors are afraid of lawsuits, couldn't a patient sign a disclaimer.

I mean, what do doctors say when a flushed, haggard and stressed out looking woman comes in thier office, after having been forced off hrt?
Isn't the medical problems created by forcing women off  hrt, costing the nhs more?
Have we still not moved on from doctors making top down decisions over ourr bodies?

Limpy

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »

And shouldn't a woman be allowed to make her own decisions on her own body?
If doctors are afraid of lawsuits, couldn't a patient sign a disclaimer.

I mean, what do doctors say when a flushed, haggard and stressed out looking woman comes in thier office, after having been forced off hrt?
Isn't the medical problems created by forcing women off  hrt, costing the nhs more?
Have we still not moved on from doctors making top down decisions over ourr bodies?

Hopefully the NICE guidelines should get more GPs in the UK thinking more sensibly about HRT.

Of course women should be allowed to make decisions about their own body and many GPs are supportive of this. However, the fact remains that GPs are responsible for putting their name/signature on the prescription and feel that they have the underlying responsibilty for the patient if things go wrong.

The idea of a disclaimer is interesting, it sounds an awful lot that the consent that has to be given before an operation, perhaps it's use could be extended to the day to day GP type arena.

Ooops Not sure if we've gone off topic here  ::)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:42:22 AM by Limpy »

Peterspots

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 09:23:51 AM »

Has anyone found a good source/website of alternative treatments for menopause .......or maybe I'll just buy some menopace :)

Jiggy3

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 10:40:03 PM »

I've been 'wearing' one for about a fortnight now. In desperation really, since I was waking every 20 mins hot, chucking duvet off then falling asleep again, waking 10 minutes later cold, pulling covers on again, ad infinitum over the course of the night. I've always needed lots of sleep and am quite evil if I don't get it, and hadn't felt so tired since I did a milk round in the 90's! After almost crying when the milk went lumpy in my morning earl grey, then throwing a bucket at the stable cat (don't worry, my aim is pants!) I decided I needed help!
well, first night I slept straight through! the following three or four nights I slept better than I had been, but still waking 4 or 5 times. gradually I have been sleeping the whole night again, except when bothered by slightly 'period pain' type pains.
Now I'm happy to accept that these episodes of flushes peak and wane, and that I might just be having a 'wane'! but I'm not taking the magnet off to test it! :)
It will likely be the effect of the improved sleep, but have regained my positive attitude which is so important to me. I hated losing that! so, I'm erring on the positive side with the proviso that it might just be a coincidence. and apart from feeling a bit premenstrual and heavy (oh and sticking to the kitchen cabinet handles!) there are no down sides and maybe a big plus! Will keep you posted!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Jiggy3
The symptoms you are describing are very typical for the peri meno stage when the hormones fluctuate so one tends to get phases of feeling good (when oestrogen levels are good) and then phases of having flushes and nights sweats etc. (when the oestrogen levels drop) The peri stage can last some years and many find it the most challenging time of the menopause journey.
Do read up all the info on this site to get really clued up.  You don't say how old you are or whether you still have regular periods but it's good to look at your options as quality of life is very important and it's no good suffering unnecessarily.  Keep posting DG x

Jiggy3

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2016, 10:22:30 PM »

thanks for reply......I'm almost 53. haven't been on here as feeling fine haaa! been menopausal for a year or more (not had a period since early 2015 and that was one out of the blue after several months without. been hot flushing for about 2 years. so I do take your point - as I said in the post, that it MAY just be a coincidence, but hell.....I'm sticking (get it, get it? haaaa) with it.
I am also very aware of the placebo effect, and to be honest, I'd be happy if it was. I LOVE the placebo effect....what's not to? All the benefits of a drug, without the drug....hey, sounds good to me! whose to say HRT isn't a placebo...ok, that's stretching a point but if everyone tells you it will work and it does.... ?????
I will be the first to come on here and say, sh*t looks like I was duped! but so far, so good xxxx

blossom60

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »

What a refreshing post Jiggy3.  There is nothing like being open minded.

What works for you, works. End of.

Best of luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4