Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ok..so. Think this is normal?  (Read 3509 times)

LW44

Ok..so. Think this is normal?
« on: August 21, 2015, 05:15:27 PM »

hi All,

A quick brief on where iam upto.. Just incase people don't know - although sure with the amount I post you all do...

7 weeks into elleste 1mg.. Had to stop the progesterone ones due to intolerance .. Advised by consultant take the oestrogen only till next appointment (2 weeks). Age 44 meno symptoms flushes tiredness irregular periods..anxiety..

Anyway the reason for post.. I have just started a period after 3 days of brown discharge.. The thing that's puzzling me is.. It's only 3 weeks since I started my last one..  Is this normal? Plus fearing the fear as I've come on... Felt awful the last few times... Mood wise..  Positive is been back at work for a week since 2 week hols...and been the best week I've had for a couple of months... No agitation... No tears... No dare I say it panic... Although low mood when got home the last two days .. Could be because was due period?  Feel like I'm tip toeing through life at the minute... X

Dancinggirl

Re: Ok..so. Think this is normal?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »

I assume you are still peri meno so your own hormones will be fluctuating in the background - it's typical in peri to have periods come on shorter or longer cycles and mood will fluctuate as well.  Brownish discharge is quite normal at the beginning and/or end of a period. Having said this, if you are still just using oestrogen alone then your womb lining may be building up and this will cause erratic bleeding. This all needs to be discussed with your doctor. The only way to control your cycle is with progesterone so you need to find something that suits you.  Have you tried Utrogestan?  DG x

LW44

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »

Hi dg,

No not yet..going to discuss options with consultant in two weeks... Was severely intolerant to the progesterone In elleste.. I'm ok with the actual bleed..it's the mood swings that come with it...x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:56:38 PM »

Elleste has synthetic progesterone - do ask for Utrogestan with oestrogen as either gel or patches.  DG x

LW44

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 10:43:47 AM »

will do thank you - i threw the green elleste with the progestrone in straight in bin ! x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »

You could try Femoston 1/10 first as the progesterone in this HRT is quite gentle and suits many women very well.  DG x

LW44

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 02:54:46 PM »

well that was a short period..one day of full bleed then stopped !  and back to brown.. spent all day on my own yesterday . first time in a couple of months since anxiety started.. kept myself busy painting hallway.. but felt uneasy.. stupid !  woke this morning with jolts of uneasinesz..no idea why ... like electric shocks sort off.. does anyone else have this ?  positives are seem to be slowly improving and mood def lifting :-)  just this blinking uneasiness.. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 04:45:21 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)
Sometimes low blood sugar can cause anxiety - how's your diet?

LW44

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »

not too bad... i got up and had a biscuit and cup of tea :-)  just had a sunday roast.. but im def not eating as much since this started