Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Heartburn  (Read 38923 times)

honeybun

Re: Heartburn
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2015, 07:04:32 PM »

They are great sparkle. They get rid of nausea and speed up the digestive process and also get rid of excess acid.
Metochlopramide is the anti nausea injection or pill they give you before a general anaesthetic.

Trouble is over use has been linked to heart problems, that's why you can't buy the equivalent over the counter any more.

Honeybun
X

Dyan

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »

Feeling a lot better but still need to go to the loo but can't at the moment.
I've had a light diet today with plenty of fruit & salad and lots of water so hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.
Haven't had any heartburn today at all just this bloated tummy.

peripenguin

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2015, 07:51:58 AM »

Stugeron works well for me.
I had mirena and my periods went from very heavy to normal but then got even heavier, I had it taken out and they went really light, that was about 2 or 3 years ago. Now they have changed again from one day of flooding to one normal day to four days of normal. I've missed two periods this year so I expected that they'd be heavy when it turned up after eight weeks but it was normal.

Dyan

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2015, 06:16:17 PM »

Interesting about the starflower oil sparkle.

Tummy been fine today.
No heartburn either,whether that's because I haven't had blueberries on my cereal in the mornings.
Just can't pick out a certain food but I'll start with the blueberries as they were the only new food I was eating.

Dyan

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2015, 12:36:38 PM »

Had a letter this morning for me to make an appointment for this camera thingy etc.
Rang and there are no appointments at the moment.
I now have to wait 2 wks for the doctor to refer me again. :-\

I'm feeling really bad this morning.
Had a bowl of porridge for breakfast. Afterwards I felt sick and the heartburn came raging back.
I feel quite ill at the moment with it despite taking gaviscon.

I have private medical insurance so phoned to see if I would be covered for relevant tests etc and I am, so now waiting for GP to ring back to refer me and give me the name of a consultant whose private.
I was told he will ring anytime up to 6.30pm ::)

I'm now worried its something else  ::)
Don't feel well at all :'(

honeybun

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »

Milk is hard to digest Dyan which maybe would not have helped things.
Good that you are getting an earlier appointement if just for the reassurance. Normally nothing is picked up. After suffering for years I had the endoscope and a barium swallow and was told reflux and dyspepsia. The treatement was pills and change of diet.
I still struggle.
When I'm really bad I go on a white diet. Rice, pasta, chicken fish and potatoes. It does help calm things down for me.

Let us know how you get on, you have my sympathy it's a bloody miserable thing.

Honeybun
X

Dyan

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »

:thankyou: HB.

I've always had digestive problems but not this bad.
Will let you know when I hear from GP.

Smokey

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 07:27:45 PM »

You have my sympathy Dyan as I suffer too and have heartburn again at this very moment, I'm wondering if could. Be linked to my inflammation of my which I have at the moment in my liver roll on scan date and maybe I can get some answers and some treatment.

Take care

Ann x

honeybun

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 07:32:32 PM »

Liver issues can cause nausea. A good liver supplement is milk thistle although you would need to make sure it's suitable for you.
There is only one type that's recommended and that's a make called Jarrows. It's not cheap but really helps.
My hubby has had liver problems, that's how I'm aware of the supplement. It was recommended by a consultant.

Honeybun
X

Smokey

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 07:39:29 PM »

Thanks Honeybun will it get rid of the heartburn ?

honeybun

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »

Hubby didn't suffer from that. If you google milk thistle it will give you the details of what it's good for. I do know my sis also used it for gall bladder issues

You would have to check though. It's always a good idea to make sure it's suitable before you buy it.

It's normally talked about around the festive season as it's very good for hangovers .....not that's what you have .....oh heck digging a hole but you know what I mean.

It's for good liver health.
One of our former members ..,Trey.....was a great believer in it and it was from her that I learned of how helpful this supplement can be.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »

Stemitil
Stugeron
anti-Travel sickness medications 'kwells'? can help ease nausea as can ginger and turmeric

Dyan

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2015, 04:57:12 PM »

When the nurse prescribed Lansoprazole 2 wks ago she said that it could interfere with my other meds, AD's & sandrena.
I've noticed that my mental state is not good at the moment.
This has been a slow transition but I'm wondering if the lansoprazole is to blame.
I feel kinda weird, sort of out of it and edgy.

On the heartburn front and getting an appointment.
My GP rang this morning( waited in all day yesterday but hey ho)
He is referring me privately and I'm now waiting on a call from the consultant as to what time he will see me Friday 11th Sept.
I've had no heartburn today but like I said I don't feel well mentally.
I told the GP on the phone that I was stopping the lansoprazole because I was worried it was affecting my antidepressants so he made a note on my records.
I know heartburn is awful but I would rather have that than go down with an episode of OCD, anxiety & depression.

Anyone else had experience of this at all?

littleminnie

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »

Is the worry causing the anxiety do you think?

Dyan

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2015, 06:37:34 PM »

Possibly LM, but I know when I'm not right.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8