Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Sigmoidoscopy  (Read 11615 times)

honeybun

Re: Sigmoidoscopy
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »

Well my son dropped in a little while ago to show us a car he has bought.....hubby restrained himself.  ::)
Whether daughter did the same I'm not sure as her and her brother spoke for a while outside before they drove off.

Oh well. I'm sure this will pass and I will find out what's going on and then I can stop worrying.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 02:18:32 PM »

Would starving for 24 hours ease symptoms?  i.e. drinking plenty but eating only toast or boiled rice?

Dyan

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »

How are you today HB?

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »

Still got the lower left side pain and still a bit of bleeding this morning when I go to the loo.

Really not happy about this at all. I get my blood test results either Friday or Monday so hopefully they will be one less thing to worry about.

I'm not eating much CLKD. Just trying to rest things and certainly no fibre at the moment.

Bit fed up.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 02:38:38 PM »

Is the pain wind maybe, trapped in a coil? Have you tried gentle massage of the belly area - moving the palm of the hand over the belly button in small movements getting wider until the hip area is involved.  If it's wind you will feel it moving  ::) and feel it gurgling until it passes into the lower colon on it's way to the bowel and out.

What was the blood test for?

honeybun

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »

By self diagnosing from when the GP said about three years ago it was diverticulitis. I have a pouch or two that have formed in my bowel. Stuff gets stuck and then get infected and that's what causes the pain and presumably the bleeding.

The blood test is for signs of infection and also anaemia.

When I think about it the doctor was not very forthcoming about what happens if the blood tests pick up on anything.

Needless to say I'm worried because if the inflammation gets too bad then it can cause a very big blood loss. I'm terrified of going to the loo.

I'm in a bit of a state to be honest.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 02:47:50 PM »

I think heavy bleeding is un-likely - so go to the LOO it may well ease other symptoms  ;)

Take a crossword book and sit, feet up slightly and let Nature work …….. holding out won't help symptoms overall!

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »

Oh I've been for today.....really don't want to add constipation to my woes.  ::)

More chicken for dinner....going to start clucking soon.

Honeybun
X

Limpy

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »

Oh heck Honeyb.
Worrying won't help you at all, I know it's easier said than done but it really won't help.
You mentioned something about diverticulitis a few years ago, was that the definite diagnosis?

Anyway, please don't fret.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2015, 02:55:41 PM »

Would eating little and often be better?

Taz2

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2015, 02:58:27 PM »

I can see how you are worried about the bleeding honeybun but I would have thought your doc would have started you on the antibiotics straight away if he/she was concerned that you were having an attack? I have a friend with this but when she has an attack she feels so ill. High temperature, vomiting or feeling really sick, flu like symptoms. She has to go to bed. Bleeding is usually prevented by the antibiotics being taken quickly enough.

The heavy bleeding is a concern if the pouches have sort of grown into the blood vessels I think - something like that. My friend has to have a colonoscopy every year to check on how they are developing. This, together with her following the recommended diet, means that she has been attack-free for almost three years now. She hates the colonoscopy but hates the diverticular attacks even more.

Taz x  :hug:

honeybun

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »

I don't feel ill Tazz, although a bit off colour and have felt a bit sick a couple of times. Certainly nothing like your friend.
Maybe she doesn't think it's that at all. She did press really hard on that side of my tummy and although a bit uncomfortable it was not very painful. Perhaps the blood tests will show if any infection is present or not.
It's a sort of nippy pain. If I bend over it hurts a bit more as if something is getting squished up a bit.

Some of my symptoms point towards diverticular issues but I have never had the constipation that seems to go hand in hand with it.

Oh heck I don't know.....all I know is, it hurts a bit and I'm loosing blood from where I shouldn't albeit just a little bit.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »

Bright blood

honeybun

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »

Yep, bright red  :o

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 03:55:37 PM »

Fresh blood then, not being held up anywhere  ;) - I would be concerned were it black ………
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4