Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blooming tears  (Read 3225 times)

Chi chi

Re: Blooming tears
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 10:56:48 AM »

Hi just wanted to send you a  :bighug:
I can't imagine the pain of losing a child and suicide must be the worst, my daughter tried last year, twice! She was 14 at the time and it came completely out of the blue, we were all floored  :'(
She decided she couldn't cope anymore and took too many paracetamol, she confessed to me and naturally we rushed her to hospital where she spent 3 days on a drip to counteract any damage she may have caused to her liver etc, luckily she didn't. She has since tried again and also self harms  :'( she has counselling and is on an antidepressant.
We still don't really know what caused/causes her to feel like this or what exactly was/is going through her mind?  Now we take each day at a time, most of the time she's fine but we're always on guard and feel like we're walking on eggshells with her  :-\

I don't know what caused your son to take his own life but please I hope you don't blame yourself in any way,  I know it's hard as we blame ourselves for not noticing how she was struggling, and all the what iff's  :-\
I suppose what I'm trying to say is sometimes we never get to find out the reasons 'why' we still haven't and maybe never will?
You sound amazing and I hope you continue to be strong but it's 'ok' to have a good old cry and let everything out  :) x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »

Thank you for sharing Estelle

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 12:10:44 PM »

:hug: For you Mrs J and HB too - the pain of losing a child must be awful, can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like but no shame in showing your feelings, let the tears flow.

SadLynda

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »

Much love to both Mums experiencing the loss of their child, I cannot imagine how you feel.  Love and hugs also to Estelle going through it.

xx

Mrs January

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »

Aww Ladies

You are all kindness it self. The virtual hugs have helped me no end. For those with children always keep communications open and flowing, having just left a job working with young people they do have some challenges in this world of ours.

I am brighter, saw lovely friends yesterday and when they offer me hugs ( I am a single woman) I asked them to hold me a bit longer which they did......bless um, my friends  saw that I am awesome and they are proud of how I have coped. Me? just me that's all.

Love and millions of hugs to each and every one of you

Mrs January xxx

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 09:47:45 AM »

Can't begin to imagine your pain, big hug from me too  :bighug:

mags

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 11:59:12 AM »

Hi Mrs January,
I haven't been on here for a while,but decided to have a look today,and saw your post about your precious son's anniversary. As you know,my son James did the same thing 16 months ago. I can't always visit his grave as I find it too upsetting, so I only go when I feel strong enough, my daughter was only  able to go very recently on his birthday, as before then she couldn't face it, I don't see any point in forcing yourself to do things like that, until you want to. I still can't look at photos of James as it just upsets me too much, so I don't try to.
I cry very openly, as I find it very hard to hold It in sometimes, I feel that it is vital to let the tears flow, even though it feels horrible,  and not to try to put a front on, my friends and family all understand what I am like,  and often cry with me. I still however find it so so hard to deal with, and  have some very low times, as do my hubby and 3 other children, but I feel very strongly that James  is still around and helping us all to carry on.
It sounds as though you are very strong and doing really well, my friends too all say how  marvellously I am coping, and I always tell them that it's only through their wonderful support ,that I am able to carry on.
Our precious boys will want us to carry on and be strong, but I know  that sometimes it is  so very hard to do so.  We have to be kind to ourselves, and focus on the good things in our lives .
I hope that God   sends us both the strength to be sustained during  this  heartbreaking  journey, and will hold our boys, safe in his care,
Wishing you well,and please don't be afraid of crying,
Love and Hugs,

Magsxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 03:54:26 PM »

If Nature hadn't wanted us to cry, She wouldn't have given us feelings  ;)

It's the not knowing why people decide to kill themselves, plus the feeling that possibly those left behind could have done more …….. but depression is physical and if there is no respite, having to face another day can be tiring.  Despairing.  At my worst I had dreams so didn't have any relief at all.  When I came out of deep depression I would ache; inside and out, even my shadow ached.

Be kind to yourselves.  Life is fragile.
Pages: 1 [2]