Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A good diet ?  (Read 8234 times)

SadLynda

Re: A good diet ?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2015, 03:28:40 PM »

do let us know Sparkle, we will all have some :)

HB - dont worry about it, if we cant moan here were can we? it helps me to be quiet in general, I just leave all my whining for in here ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »

Garlic gave me heart burn initially but it is a good astringent for the gut.  I persevered and now couldn't do without it.

Ginger is good for gut problems.  Grated into food or with boiling water poured over to drink; ginger biscuits etc. help aid digestion.

Indian recipes have lots of spices which aid digestion.  Indian food is served all at once and different parts of the meal eaten - with mouth cleansers such as raita between dishes. 

Chicken soup is a good Jewish stand-by for upset tums, comfort food requirements and generally Momma food  ;)

I have found that a small amount of Lizzies Granola for breakfast is filling enough and I don't need shop bought cakes.  I then eat a Fruesli bar which has very little sugar in  ;) - it contains honey and glucose syrup and fills me up once I'm past the first bite  ;D - in fact DH mentioned this morning how much better I seem since stopping shop bought cakes.

Grubs up must dash  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 07:00:36 PM »

I really think you should have your dear hubby to,post on this thread CLKD  ;D.....well you don't cook  ::)

Now that would be interesting....the hubbies version of a good diet.....well the ones that do the cooking.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 07:12:02 PM »

Thank goodness men aren't allowed then or we'd be here all night  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 07:14:30 PM »

But he does all the cooking CLKD, he knows what constitutes a good diet as he makes it  ;D

Don't mind chatting to the chef for a little while   ::)

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 07:15:37 PM »

If we head North then, you and he can talk until the early hours  ;) ….. swap kitchen hints.

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 07:19:37 PM »

Okay doke, I don't  mind that at all.....us cooks have to stick together and given the fact I cooked for a living I'm sure I could give him some hints and tips.  ;D.  Or he could give me some new ideas.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »

:o  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »

You might like some cookery lessons too CLKD. I did lessons in a friends catering kitchen for about a year so could get you up and started with some simple stuff.

Now that would give hubby a surprise and let you be more independent. It's a necessary skill for everyone don't you think.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 07:39:24 PM »

Nope  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 07:54:17 PM »

So what if hubby had flu or broke something or slipped a disc like me. What happens then. I think you avoid this but perhaps it's not the best idea. I know if I'm not well then hubby can cook for us both. There comes a point when you have to be the one doing the looking after.

Hard to face but as you often say...little steps. Or little boiled eggs  ::)

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 08:02:39 PM »

Can't stomach eggs! I can make toast ………….. and open a can ………. and if push came to shove I can do a mean roast meal.  Wouldn't attempt fish or steak …..

honeybun

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »

Well maybe hubby could teach you. It is a necessary skill for everyone really if you want to have nice food to eat. Hubby is able to do it at the moment but....

My sister has the opposite problem. Her hubby has never cooked anything ....ever. He can heat up. It became very apparent when she had the stomach bug from hell.
She has started teaching him simple nourishing meals...he is 73...but he simply needs to be able to cook if he needs to.

We think things will always stay the same but the truth is they probably won't so it would be a good idea to learn just in case you find yourself in a caring role in the future.

There are a lot of cookery schools around now. We sent my son to one and he loved his weekend course.

Honeybun
X
X

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 08:17:21 PM »

I can if I have to.  Otherwise  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2015, 06:08:19 PM »

mine can cook, he just doesn't choose to but if he had to he could, only vegetarian though he wouldn't cook a meat dish.
Pages: 1 [2]