Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: My Pill Diary.  (Read 57487 times)

LW44

Re: My Pill Diary.
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »

ahh lol

Briony

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »

Thanks Briony, so the bio identical bcp can't be taken if your over 35 and smoke? How is this different to the bio identical gels etc? Sorry more questions   :oops:
So if I'm on 3 pumps of oestrogel how does that compare to 200mcg paches?

Here's the leaflet re Qlaira which is bio identical (Zoley is another b/i BCP but Q is more popular apparently. It says being over 35 and smoking are both risks. Not sure if that means you cant take it or not? I take it even though I have migraines with aura which is often a no-no for stronger pills.
  https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.21702.latest.pdf

200mcg is very high so I would guess it would be more than 3 pumps, but to be honest, I really dont know. Does anyone else? x

Chi chi

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2015, 01:10:04 PM »

Thanks again Briony  :)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »

Was unable to post yesterday as no mobile reception, as we're away.

Day 6:

Quality of sleep seems a bit thin and patchy. But mood still quite upbeat and good. Have noticed my appetite is a bit weird. Feel hungry much of the time but nothing I eat seems to satisfy me, and after eating I feel bloated and a bit queasy. I remember feeling exactly the same when I was pregnant, years ago so can only assume it must be hormone related again?

But the important thing is that my mood is still pretty good.

LW44

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »

looking very positive :-)  think i may discuss this option on my next appointment.. is the pogestrone harsh with this pill? x

Briony

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 05:29:44 PM »

Great news GRL - Generally sounds like it's going in the right direction.   :)    Do keep posting as it's relevant to so many of us (and also a less common discussion on here than HRT trials).

LW44 - If you look on the 'pill ladder' you will see that the progesterone in the pill GRL takes (similar to Microgynon) is quite progesterone dominant. (It is also one of the safest in terms of risk). What this means is entirely dependent on the individual. For GRL, who had progesterone withdrawal symptoms previously (if I remember rightly - not 100% sure?) a constant dose of this could well be exactly what her body needs. Others, who need a more estrogenic pill - or one that's more andi-androgenic - might find it's too much and have problems with it. As ever, it's all trial and error (combined with a good dose of patience, constant reminding that it's 'only hormones' and  access to Gin and Tonic on tap, as required!).

If I do swap from Qlaira, I would want to keep with a less progesterone dominant pill (I know in the past I have had acne, hair loss and low moods with some progesterones). Qlaira is too new to feature on this chart, but would be under Yasmin and next to Mercilon, if that makes sense - so I'd try to keep to something like it, but with more estrogen. (I love how I make that sound so 'logical' and 'common sense' when the reality is that it'll take me ages to swap, I will be looking out for a million side effects, and no doubt end up with exactly what I thought I didnt want.  ::) ).

I would love to know why there is no contraceptive pill - as far as I know - with the same progesterone as in Femeston.The ladies on here who take it seem so positive about it, so it's a shame it isn't available in other forms.

Hope you're all doing OK today, B x

http://www.avongpeducation.co.uk/handouts/2012/youngpersons/The%20pill%20ladder.pdf

LW44

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 06:49:32 PM »

thanks briony

i would have to have a more oestrogen dominant pill then.. because of the progestrone intolerance.  just trying to get all info before i see consultant.. not bad today at all.. in fact feeling that much better the fear clicked in again.. :-/ just watching corrie and riding through it :-) x

Briony

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2015, 09:50:03 PM »

Try to distract yourself. Sometimes if I feel it coming on, I phone up an easy going mate for a gossip, or even have an ebay splurge, simply to see if I can avoid the fear feeling! X

LW44

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2015, 10:33:51 PM »

playing online bingo..  ;-) my fear is that my life is ruined because anxiety came back.   totally irrational.. but arent they all..x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »

I'm keeping everything crossed Briony. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days, because I will be 'due' a mood dip soon.

I hope this diary will be of use to some people, I really do.

Day 7 (yesterday):

Felt fed up and on edge yesterday but really don't think this was due to hormones at all. Had a stressful day having to change holiday plans thanks to DH getting his diary muddled.

But despite the hassle and stress I didn't get that awful sinking, despairing feeling which I was very relieved about. So all in all am still feeling pretty good and positive. I have noticed I am getting quite headachey much of the time but I can take aspirin for that so it's not an issue.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »

Day 8:

So far, still so good. Mood still good. Still got this slightly weird thing going on with my appetite but that's all. I'm expecting a mood dip within next few days so we'll have to see.

Briony

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »

My appetite far greater than ever been pre hrt/pill. It annoys me, but small price to pay, I guess. X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 07:43:56 AM »

Day 9:

Not a good day today. Even though I had plenty of sleep I woke feeling drained and jittery. Spent all day with that very unpleasant wired but depressed feeling. Kept myself busy with lots of little chores to keep the depression at bay. But couldn't take any satisfaction in getting stuff done. Just felt very flat and on edge.

Mood slightly improved during the evening because I made myself meet a friend for a drink so I had to cheer myself up a bit. Really hate this flatness feeling.

Briony

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 09:19:18 AM »

I know it's easy for me to say this, as you're the one in the thick of it, but try to hang in there. It is so early in your journey. At the moment,  you are probably only experiencing side effects. Most of mine stopped by month three. Strangely, day 8/9 was when I first got noticeable side effects. At present, your own hormones are probably still objecting loudly, which is t going to help matters. X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 09:09:30 PM »

Thanks Briony.

I know it's very, very early days yet. I have been wondering how long it will take the Pill to completely shut down my own hormone production? I'm thinking only a week or two because that's only how long it takes before you can't get pregnant.

I am slightly concerned that whilst the Pill might keep my mood on a much more stable level it will keep me in this rather flattened, mildly depressed mind set because of the constant progesterone dosage? I know progesterone can have that effect. Though I don't recall feeling like this years ago when I took the Pill.

I always got PMS on the Pill but only a few days before my bleed, so I now suspect it was caused by progesterone withdrawal.

Day 10:

Despite a decent amount of sleep again, I woke feeling I needed another 3 hours sleep and felt quite jittery and anxious too. Felt really quite flat and depressed all day. Can't feel excited or pleased about anything. Not pleasant at all.

Mood improved slightly this evening and feel slightly more light hearted. But it's like someone has switched off all my happy/loving/affectionate/contented emotions. Really hope they return very soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17