Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: My Pill Diary.  (Read 57461 times)

GypsyRoseLee

My Pill Diary.
« on: August 09, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »

Not sure if anyone else would be interested but I thought I might keep a brief daily journal on here charting my progression with taking the Pill for my peri symptoms which are random anxiety, bouts of depression and insomnia. Also get aching joints and stiffness.

Thought it might be useful for younger women whose hormones are just out of control. I took my first Pill yesterday.

Day One:

Took first pill. Felt there should be some drum roll or something. Felt weary and pretty down and a bit anxious all day but we travelled back through the night on Friday so no wonder I was so tired. Felt slightly nauseous but perhaps due to tiredness? I have found that if I am tired my peri symptoms are much worse, especially my moods.

LW44

Re: My Pill Diary.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 02:05:38 PM »

Definately interested thank you x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:31:19 PM »

Yip here too....all hrt I have tried makes me feel extremely wired and feel like that enough to be honest!!!

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 08:42:32 PM »

That will be really interesting.

BTW, when I first started on the pill (pre-peri - it was for period problems), I had nausea at the start of a pill pack but it got easier as I went on.  Maybe the body adjusting to something new? 

Briony

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 09:15:22 PM »

Brilliant idea GRL. I will be keeping everything crossed for you and follow with interest x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 10:13:51 PM »

Hi All

Day Two: woke at dawn which hasn't happened in a while butanaged to get back to sleep. Had that 'tired but wired' feeling all day. Wanted to nap but didn't dare rest. Felt rather flat and empty all day. Met friends for dinner and mood improved possibly helped by a couple of glasses of wine? Definitely felt unusually tired all day with accompanying headache. Could it be the progesterone?

SadLynda

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 03:12:52 PM »

thank you, most helpful.

Briony

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 03:24:20 PM »

This could even be your own system causing problems at this point, rather than the pill (or as well as, knowing how crazy our hormones are!)? I reckon it was a week before I had any true side effects - I nearly quit at the end of the first month, then things got much better.

Since this thread is very much pill focused, thought this link might be of interest to people:

http://www.avongpeducation.co.uk/handouts/2012/youngpersons/The%20pill%20ladder.pdf

NB: Rigevidon®, Ovranette® and Microgynon 30® are interchangeable
Millinette® 30/75, Katya 30/75® and Femodene® are interchangeable
Gedarel® 30/150 and Marevelon® are interchangeable  (Taken from NHS Scotland).

B x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »

True Briony.

I had a real mood dip last when I had a bleed unexpectedly ( hadn't taken any Utrogestan and it had only been 17 days since last bleed).

Had usual amount of bleed and mood plummeted. In desperation applied 2 x 50mg patches. Within 48 hours my mood had gone back to normal again, when typically my mood dip usually lasts 7-10 days.

Started the Pill on Saturday and mood has been extremely flat since...just don't know if this is due to the Pill, or my own hormones???

Day 3:

Woke in night with adrenaline jolt but got back to sleep. Felt extremely flat and depressed all day. Really quite nasty. Really hope my mood lifts soon and I'm not reacting badly to the synthetic progesterone in the Pill. I know I have to give it at least 3 months, but 3 months of this awful flatness and depression would be unbearable.

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »

Hello GypsyRoseLee.

Although I am not ' a younger woman ' ( thanks for that by the way lol ). I am following your posts with interest.

I hope you find the combination that works for you and it's great that you are keeping us informed.

Take care.

K.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 09:13:53 PM »

Oh Kathleen you are always so supportive and thoughtful I'd never want to offend you (I know you're only joking).

I feel pretty dreadful at the moment if I'm honest, but I intend to perceivere. It would just be so much easier if a nice scientist could reassure me that I am currently reacting to abc because of xyz. I could deal with that fine, soong as I knew what was happening and why. Just knowing it's my hormones isn't enough, too generalised and vague.

Briony

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 09:42:59 PM »

Not that it's much consolation, but I so know what you mean. You just want 'proof'. If it was a broken leg, the X-ray would show  a clear break - and the doc would then know exactly where to put the plaster and for how long it would be needed. Smiles all round. If only there could be a hormone x high/low pee stick like there is for pregnancy! X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 09:56:28 PM »

God yes. If someone could tell me categorically 'You are reacting to a change in your prog/oestrogen levels today, but at lunchtime on Wednesday they will recalibrate and your mood will lift' I would feel SO MUCH better about it all.

It's the unshakable fear that this time the mood won't lift which is so hard to bear.

Just wish I knew if the prog in the Pill is causing this, or is it my own hormones etc.

Can you remember if you felt this flat and depressed when you started Qlaira?

Briony

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 10:11:47 PM »

The prog on Q is much more estrogenic - nearer the right on the ladder - so hard to compare. From memory, I felt pretty normal from early on in terms of emotions. It was the physical side effects I noticed more - especially the itching, fatigue  and spotting (spotting often sign of low estrogen with a pill). Also, with Qlaira you don't take prog days 1 and 2, and only low dose til the following week, hence reason I can tell whether it's prog or estrogen likely to be at fault with me. I definitely react more to progesterone - either when it goes up or down.
Were  you feeling fine on day zero then got worse days 1 to 3? Or were you feeling like this already when you first started the pill?  I really don't think it's possible for it to lift you out of a low mood after only three days  if you didn't start at neutral, if that makes sense? Try to hang in there. Still early days xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 10:30:07 PM »

Yes, see what youean about being hard to compare.

Prior to starting the Pill, I had a withdrawal bleed arrive totally unexpectedly last Monday (hadn't taken my Utro) and by Tuesday night my mood had seriously dipped. Felt very low and anxious last Wednesday and Thursday but mood suddenly improved late Thursday evening. I was surprised as typical my downers always last 7-10 days.

But in desperation, last Wednesday morning, I had stuck on an extra 50mg patch so was getting a 100mg dose. Don't know if this is why my mood lifted quickly?

Felt fine again all day last Friday, but then travelled back through the night from holiday and only got a few hours sleep. Woke up feeling a bit wretched and shaky. Just not right at all. Took my 1st Pill Saturday lunchtime. The shakiness and tiredness stayed with me all Saturday and plus I started feeling pretty flat and depressed. Have felt flat and depressed since then.

But logically I can't see how taking just one Rigevidon Pill could cause depression in the space of a couple of hours for God's sake???

Aaaarrggghhhh. I hate this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17