Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Do you like your look.  (Read 19609 times)

honeybun

Do you like your look.
« on: August 01, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »

I've decided I don't.

I was in town this afternoon. I felt reasonably ok before but found myself looking around and ended up feeling a right mess.
I think the thing was there were a few trips in town today.....older ladies, and a few hen parties and a few in between. Not sure where I fitted in and it wasn't a good feeling.

How do you feel about the way you look and if not what would you change.

I'm considering what to change.....the list is long  ::)

Honeyb
X
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:25:00 PM by honeybun »

bunnylove

Re: Do you like your look.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:33:46 PM »

Me neither.  It's a sore subject with me.  When I'm anxious I can't eat so I've lost too much weight.  Plus my hair is starting to turn gray, and my skin has lost all it's plumpness and elasticity.  It's gotten to where I avoid mirrors as much as possible.

Sorry to be a downer...

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:45:08 PM »

Oh I know how you feel.

I want to look different but not sure how...or how much it would cost to get it right.

Not mutton dressed as lamb...but  :-\

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 04:51:05 PM »

How about a personal buyer in a store?  Someone who knows nowt about you, can look you over and decide what suits?

I had a Very Good Look at my hair yesterday and apart from the length I'm not worried about the colour: dark with grey, would pay a lot for that effect if I went to the hairdresser  ;)

My belly has sagged ……. and I hate looking in the mirror and seeing Mum looking back  :-\ : I want to be ME!  ::) and I hate looking in a shop window and wondering who 'that' woman is and why do I think I recognise her  :-X

Would I change much: nope.  Apart from getting rid of the anxiety!!!! wish that my hairy legs would stop growing once I've put the shaver over them and would like to get rid of any hair on my face!

I don't wear make up so don't spend much time looking in the mirror  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:57:27 PM »

no I don't but it is me, it is how I look and to change it would not be me.  I try to make the best of what I have and I really like my hair when it is in good condition (which is when I am in good condition).

I don't like my belly overhang but short of cutting it off there is not much I can do about it.  I don't like my uneven bite and wonky teeth but haven't got £4,000 to have them straightened nor would I at my age they should have been done years ago.

My style is middle aged but then I am middle aged so it would be silly to try and be something I am not.  I don't wear make up because I am oversensitive to products but I do scrub up ok for a wedding or occasion and I have a few really nice outfits.

When I feel ill I dress like a bag lady and don't go out of the house, but always make an effort when going into town but not when walking the dog in the woods.

Whew, that's me I think  :veil:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 04:59:27 PM »

:thankyou:  I have gardening clothes, into town clothes, going out for a meal clothes ……. and when I feel well and not anxious I can be bothered to get changed ………. it also depends on who we are meeting, then I get a feeling of 'I ought to make the effort for DH' but fortunately, he rarely notices  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 05:01:34 PM »

When I make the effort I make the effort for me because it makes me feel better inmyself

purplenanny

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »

I don't like anything, there is so much I would like to change :( I would love to be happy with myself, but I am very self critical. Not sure why I have no confidence with me. People who are comfortable in their bodies are very lucky.
PN x x

Limpy

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 07:31:41 PM »

Mostly I think I'me OK with the way I look.  :-\
APART - from when I skulk out of the house in very scruffy jeans (grubby / paint stained)
Thankfully it doesn't happen often, well not more than twice a week  ::)

Gill Mojo

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »

I've actually never cared how I look as long as I am clean and clothed suitable to the weather. What has made me incredibly unhappy and angry is how what other people want of me has made me feel about the way I look. I am now paranoid about all my lumps and bumps and loathe my physical image simply because of everyone around me wanting me to lose weight/ dress a certain way/ fit in etc etc. I feel like i now have to spend the rest of my life unlearning all this guilt and loathing which has fallen on me from other people; learning not to give a flying f*ck about what other people think is the hardest lesson I am having to learn on this turn of the wheel :/

purplenanny

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »

Gill Mojo, who are these people affecting you so badly? That must make you feel horrible. I can only blame myself for not liking myself
PN x x

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 07:49:05 PM »

Maybe I'm feeling this way because I feel my hubby has become disinterested in me as a woman. He does look at other women....I see him do it ....but not me. Nearly 31 years on he has seen all there is to see but it does absolutely nothing for my self confidence. It makes me doubt me....and doubt him, although we have been through so much together. No spark anymore and it makes me sad. I accept a lot of the blame....but I miss what we had .

Honeyb
X

Dulciana

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 07:52:43 PM »

I like my eyes. They're my best feature and for as long as I possibly can, I will wear contacts in favour of specs, because I do not want frames on my face in public.  (I know........... ::))

I sort-of like my hair, although with grey bits coming in, I need to keep getting it coloured back to its natural shade, dark-ish brown.  My hairstyle is layered and not exactly up-to-the-minute but it looks right on me and frames my face fairly well.

I've never liked my legs, as they're wide at the calf and like the rest of me, they're too short. My grandfather once told me I'd got "perfect legs" and a man behind me once said "Look at those legs!" - you could have knocked me down with a feather on each occasion!  My aunt described my legs as "shapely", which when I'm wearing heels, is probably a more accurate description.  Och, they're not too bad, I suppose......

I have to say, I do like my clothes style, because I stick to what suits me best, whatever anybody else is wearing.  BUT.....daughter is always on at me to wear at least some make-up, because just now, I don't wear any, ever!

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 07:57:26 PM »

Oh, I do like a bit of makeup otherwise I might frighten children  :P

It's for me though and no one else. Just a bit of foundation, lippy and mascara.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »

Honeyb - Oh heck.
Does he know he does it?
Whether or not he does know, perhaps you chould ask him why he does it and mention it seems tactless at best.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9