Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hmm drs advice  (Read 3494 times)

LW44

hmm drs advice
« on: July 23, 2015, 11:34:25 AM »

hi
well surprisingly i couldnt get a drs appointment.. do the dr rang me instead..explained increased anx and low mood since taking the norethistone tablets of the elleste duet 1mg.. couldnt face work today... was told to perserve as side effects reduce after 3 months... and to take it at night rather than morning... really not sure what to do..was ready to throw in the bin...

Gill Mojo

Re: hmm drs advice
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »

Try following the doc's advice and see if you feel better, before throwing in the towel. All these tablets take time for our bodies to adjust to, and too many people give up because of the initial symptoms which often smooth out after a month or so. Good luck :)

LW44

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 11:43:31 AM »

thank you for your reply :-)  i work in a private hospital..so nipping into work later to see if i can speak to gynae consultant there..

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:38:13 PM »

Hi LW44
You might do better on Femoston as the progesterone is kinder and often suits women who are sensitive to progesterone. Another HRt combo to try is separate oestrogen as gel or patch with Utrogestan (bio identical progesterone) alongside to induce the withdrawal bleed. Elleste is one of the cheapest HRTs(it has synthetic progesterone that can bring PMS type symptoms) it's often the first one prescribed.  If you can speak to a gynae, do ask about the different progesterones.  Have a look at the section above that lists the different HRT Preparations - perhaps print them off. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »

3 months is too long!  Obviously suggested by someone who has no idea how medicine side-efffects upset people  >:(

Let us know how you get on!  No point in working somewhere and not using the services  ;)

LW44

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 05:01:59 PM »

well consultant was brilliant ! as soon as i told him my symptoms - increased anxiety , agigtated drop in mood - he said to immediately stop the green as iam intolerant and will never get used to them and if i had carried on my mood would be at the floor !  told me to just take the eostrogen, after asking me which part of my cycle was my mood usually the best.. i said a few days after finished period.. he said well its eostrogen i need.. he said he will see me on tuesday and discuss further options.. feel tearful drained panicky but overall RELIEVED... i know ive struggled full stop.. but i just knew the norethistrone was making me worse x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 05:04:12 PM »

Thanks for the update!  Make a list of your moods etc., have a read on here - will he do a scan to check the womb if you aren't taking progesterone? 

You have been listened to which helps enormously!

LW44

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »

it certainly does :-)  he just nodded his head with everything i said...i feel like ive got pmt but a 1000 x worse.. i  seeing him unofficially on tuesday for a quick discussion.. i am then going to get refered to him by gp through my health insurance x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 05:32:06 PM »

Well done you!  Let us know how you get on!

LW44

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 06:25:04 PM »

thank you will do ! just a quick question...how long till this awful norethistrone out of my system ?

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »

Don't know …….. if you look on the leaflet in the box maybe or …….. ring a Pharmacist in the morning?

LW44

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 07:23:37 PM »

lol just seen this ! and asked on the other post.. can you believe i actually work in pharmacy dept.. will ring work in the morning

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 07:24:10 PM »

;D  …….. let us know as it can be added to the knowledge being dispensed on here (get it) ?

LW44

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 07:28:03 PM »

haha !  course i will. if helps other sufferers

LW44

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »

been told by pharmacist. a few days..up to a week
Pages: [1] 2