Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: No Period For 8 Months But I Feel One On The Way. :(  (Read 2083 times)

Mich12

No Period For 8 Months But I Feel One On The Way. :(
« on: August 14, 2015, 07:24:31 PM »

Hi all,

So I am 47 and have been in peri-meno since I was 39. For the last year and a half or so my periods have been erratic - mostly I skip. It began as skipping a month, then 2, then 4, and now 8!  ;D So I thought *maybe* I would make it to that year mark with no period and be DONE with them...well it doesn't appear so. I started the breast tenderness I get for a week or so before a period, I am getting the nightsweats I always got pre-cycle, I am crabby and nervous (and my daughter pointed out I WAS PMS'ing in her opinion, lol  :-\  ), and I even crave chocolate. So I am almost 100% sure I will start in the next week or so.

What I want to know is what to expect bleeding wise since no blood loss for 8 months. Does one have a period with 8 months of accumulated uterine lining build up?  :o I used to bleed badly each month but I had an endometrial ablation 15 years ago and my periods have always been light ever since. I also have a small-ish fibroid that doesn't cause me symptoms. Is there a chance I could bleed lightly?

Thank You. :)

caz24

Re: No Period For 8 Months But I Feel One On The Way. :(
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 10:22:05 AM »

Hi Mich12

I'm 48 and hadn't had a period since December, having experienced erratic and horribly heavy periods for a few months leading up to that. I thought I was finally done with them too but then at the end of July I had a period. It wasn't heavy, just normal and lasted for about 7 or 8 days so I think that you don't necessarily have a bleed that has accumulated over the time since you last had one. Trouble is now I don't know where I am again lol.

C x

Mich12

Re: No Period For 8 Months But I Feel One On The Way. :(
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »

Hi Mich12

I'm 48 and hadn't had a period since December, having experienced erratic and horribly heavy periods for a few months leading up to that. I thought I was finally done with them too but then at the end of July I had a period. It wasn't heavy, just normal and lasted for about 7 or 8 days so I think that you don't necessarily have a bleed that has accumulated over the time since you last had one. Trouble is now I don't know where I am again lol.

C x

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate it! I am sorry you had a period but glad to hear it wasn't heavy and it lasted the normal amount of days. This is hard - we think we are on the road to them being GONE and then POOF - it comes again. Urggg the joys of meno!  :o

Take care. :)