Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Pain in bladder/urethra. Help anyone  (Read 43897 times)

Peterspots

Pain in bladder/urethra. Help anyone
« on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »

Hello. I've had a rough 5 months and the last 6 weeks I have an ache behind my pubic bone. Been on hrt for 3 weeks. Had cysoscopy a week ago and still feeling tender which is freakinf me out. Anyone used cream for this sort of problem. Doesn't hurt to wee but hurts afterwards.

ancient runner

Re: Pain in bladder/urethra. Help anyone
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »

Poor you! Can you give us a bit more info- what sort of HRT are you on? If it's a systemic one you might need a local one too for your vagina/bladder.

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:30 AM »

It does sound a bit like VA, are you generally dry down there?
Local oestrogen would probably help.

Peterspots

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 10:14:26 AM »

Hello thank you for replying.  I am on hrt patches femseven? I am on my fourth week tomorrow.

I think I'm still pink. I bave always used lubricant so don't know if I'm dry when ......though since this pain has happened we are not intimate. I'm still getting bladder spasm that I didn't have before. The pain is in the left behind my public bine. Uro man said bladder fine urethra sore but I am so sore now. Wish I never had it done. Went to a&e last night cos pain. Just gave more pain killers.  I am so depressed.....there I've said it.

Jenna

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 10:27:05 AM »

So sorry to hear this. Why did you have to have the cystoscopy - just trying to see what might help. When it hurts after weeing, does it sting for a few minutes and then stop? Are you generally sore underneath around your urethra?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 10:33:14 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Peterspots
Bladder problems are actually more common than is thought - particuarly when we hit the menopause.
Do look at the thread I started some 18 months ago -  'The Burning Club'.
I have burning urethra on and off and have done for the last 15 years or so.
Local oestrogen treatment like Vagifem, Gynest or Ovestin may well help but I am using both full systemic HRT and Vagifem to keep things comfortable. Vaginal moisturisers can also be helpful.
Keep posting.  DG x

Peterspots

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »

I doesn't hurt to wee.  Just sore after. I'm really worried the cysoscopy has damaged me. I have a continuous ache on my left side low by pibic Bone & urethral sl
Sometimes feels sore after. It doesn't make sense. They did the cysoscopy to see if I had IC
I wonder if it could be a nerve. Or it is the bladder because it feels worse after cysoscopy. But it all feels worse. I'm not coping

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 10:36:30 AM »

You are probably quite bruised.  Make sure you use the oestrogen cream every night for the first 2 weeks at least and continue to use regularly after that as this may help. Drink plenty of water.  DG x

Peterspots

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 10:41:11 AM »

I haven't been given any cream yet. I asked my GP &
He'd not heard of it being used for that. I am seeing gynae next Wednesday.

Don't know if you can still be bruised a week after but it was horrible. How does bruising heal? Upset they haven't called me back

Jenna

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »

I did have a lot of pain for several days after my cystoscopy (many years ago now), so it could be related to that - horrible procedure for me. Hopefully they will ring you soon to advise you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 12:25:28 PM »

The area can be very sensitive as the skin is delicate down there.  Make sure you keep hydrated and don't hold back passing urine ……. the less pressure there the better.  Does the pain relief ease symptoms?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:50:06 PM by CLKD »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 01:01:49 PM »

Peterspot - I would definitely ask for some Vagifem to help with problem. Some women prefer the creams but Vagifem is a small pessary which doesn't cause any mess so I find it easier to use. The local oestrogen can often help with these issues and hopefully the gynae will suggest it.  The Urologist I saw when I had the cystoscopy thought local oestrogen was the best option at the time. I'm afraid urinary problems can be an ongoing problem in menopause - we have to learn to manage things but it can be very distressing.  DG x

Peterspots

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 01:45:45 PM »

The pain relief has helped. Can the cream help the bladder too? I'm not sure if the ache is referred from the urethra, bladder or maybe a muscle. Fed up hospital hasn't called me back.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »

It probably can help because it will be easing symptoms down there in general.  Won't do any harm to have a chat with a Pharmacist for advice and then go to your GP Surgery and speak with the Practice Nurse or ask for the GP to ring you.

Peterspots

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 02:12:04 PM »

Drinking lots of water. If it is bruising it should settle. I can feel the urethra spasming. It didn't do this before cysoscopy. It will be a week tomorrow. Worried I'm going to be left with more problems.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13