Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie! My body is falling apart  (Read 2514 times)

sandeevie

Newbie! My body is falling apart
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:05:40 AM »

Hello everyone,
   You have no idea how happy I am to find a place I can ask questions and know I will get answers I need not answers that everyone thinks I want! I am what you would call peri menopause( although my doctor says there is no such thing) but I feel as if I am falling apart, please can you help me and let me know if these things are normal? Firstly I am sweating like a river every night although I am now talking evening primrose and that seems to be slowing, but my eyesight seems to be getting worse, my skin is itchy all the time and my under carriage keeps having blisters and sore as well as itching! I just feel like a hypochondriac at the moment my poor hubby must be so fed up with my whinging.
 I have always been quite healthy so for all this to start in the space of a couple of months you can imagine the thoughts going through my mind, so ladies any help you can give I will be so grateful for and I am sorry if my questions are silly and obvious I will post sensible things as well
Sandee:) ;D :D :) ;)

ancient runner

Re: Newbie! My body is falling apart
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 11:15:54 AM »

Your doctor needs to go on a course! That's horrifying.
On the undercarriage - am a bit puzzled by the blisters but it sounds as though at the very least you need to have localised HRT which might be an oestrogen cream or a tiny tablet (Vagifem) or a ring which lives in your vagina (Estring). I am a fan of the last one - and it gives the highest dose.
I am not an expert on systemic HRT but lots of women on here are and somebody will be along in a minute. However, it sounds to me as if that's exactly what you need and a good starting one is apparently Femoston 1/10. (I think!). There are drop-down menus on the rest of this site full of useful info which will help get you started.
Best of luck - people tend to arrive here feeling terrible and get sorted out with lots of help and support from the official and unofficial info here...

Grumpymum

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »

Hi Sandee

:welcomemm:

Your symptoms sound typical peri menopause to me (although I am no expert), and your doctor doesn't sound too knowledgeable either, I agree with ancient runner!

I would see if you can see another GP in your practice who knows about menopause.

Good luck with your meno journey!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 01:45:19 PM »

:welcomemm:  not another un-clued GP - why do they go into Practice  :bang:

Peri-menopause is a recognised stage of a ladies' Life  ::).  Have a browse round, read the pull-down menus: top of screen: ask away.  NO question is 'silly' or taboo on here! (as you will see as you negotiate the board)  ;)

Make notes!  Some find it helps to keep a food/mood diary.  We have several threads on Vaginal Atrophy,  I will 'bump' mine (easier than trying to remember the name  :-\ ). 

Does your Surgery have a Practice Nurse who may well be better informed? Also, if you are 'young' you will need to protect your bones and heart, impact exercise can stave off osteoporosis for example; swimming and cycling are good all round exercise and walking is good for us - apparently  ::)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 08:15:17 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM sandeevie
You don't say how old you are? You symptoms do sound like peri menopause - your GP is talking nonsense if he/she thinks there is no such thing :bang: Is there another doctor you can see at the practise - perhaps ask if there is one that knows more about the menopause?

I think your 'lady bits' should be checked out - the doctor can take swaps to test what's going on - you could have a bit of infection and the blisters don't sound good.  I know it's a bit embarrassing but if it's thrush or bacterial vaginitis these are very treatable - get things tested first though. DG x

sandeevie

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 12:55:19 PM »

Thank you ladies, you have put my mind at ease! I am 45 but only started getting symptoms in the last three months, my hips are getting bad as well but I have a hospital appointment in two weeks so hopefully that will be sorted.
You read so much about the menopause but it is nothing like you expect! I have started taking evening primrose oil about ten days ago and my night sweats seem to be getting better, I am so happy to have found this board I don't have to sit and worry on my own anymore ! Have a great weekend ladies and thank you from the bottom of my heart

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »

Make a list of your symptoms to take to your appt., later I'm going to read an article about HRT from the Telegraph earlier this week ….. am trying to use the warm weather to catch up with articles put to 1 side  ::)

sandeevie

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 05:23:10 PM »

Thank you I will.make a list x