Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Gynest cream replacement  (Read 10483 times)

Jenna

Gynest cream replacement
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:25:32 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering whether anyone had used the new replacement for Gynest cream yet and had noticed any differences.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Jenna x

Hurdity

Re: Gynest cream replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »

Hi Jenna

It's difficult to find out about this!

According to MIMS there is a generic replacement so theoretically it should work exactly as Orthogynest cream as it is the same concentration (of estriol). I can't find the list of ingredients anywhere to see how it differs from Gynest - but presumably something has replaced the Arachis oil (Peanut). Hopefully the replacement is an ingredient that is not likely to cause irritation....

If you've been given some perhaps you can see from the leaflet what's in it? Would be good to know!

Hurdity x

Jenna

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 11:45:54 AM »

Hi Hurdity,

I haven't got any yet! I am wondering to stay with the Ovestin I had to have last time when Gynest was discontinued, or whether to try the replacement. A member on here mentioned there might be different fillers that might cause irritation and I just wondered whether anyone had tried it yet.

Jenna x

Jenna

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 11:34:21 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I have just collected a tube of the replacement for Gynest cream, and I am pleased to say that the ingredients are exactly the same.

Jenna x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:12:22 PM »

That's good news Jenna!

What is the product called ie is there a different company making it now?

Hurdity x

Jenna

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 06:53:58 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

It is now just called Estriol Cream and it is still made by PHARBIL Waltrop GmbH, Germany. The product licence holder is still Marlborough Pharmaceuticals, Marlborough, Wilts., and the distributor is now  Alphashow Ltd., Amersham, Bucks. It all looks exactly the same, but just with a different name!

Jenna x

hellen

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 11:34:24 PM »

hi, i think im behind with the news, is gynest being phased out then, and this new esteriol cream being brought in..

hellen

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:17:26 AM »

sorry .. im not behind the times, the cream i have been given is the esteriol cream. i have had no burning or swelling with this cream,  i experienced both before with gynest,  although its supposed to be the same as gynest.. so far so good, i expected the worst,  used half a tube application, but feeling brave now for tomorrow, so may go for the whole application lol xx

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 10:20:27 AM »

oh thank you so much.  I use Gynest cream externally alongside Vagifem and I was wondering just this as when I need some more I have been told it will be the generic.  Thank you for the reassurance.

hellen

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 11:58:13 AM »

Hi, i have been using vagifem on its own for a number of years, but recently it didnt settle with me for some reason, maybe i had slight infection, or funny batch i dont know. but it was a very severe imflammation, . but i have only used one or the other not together.. what do you mean by generic.

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »

Generic means not branded.  Gynest is the brand, estradiol cream is the generic.  Like Panadol and paracetamol.  A generic is generally thought to be cheaper to produce which is why things get changed  ::)

hellen

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »

Hi, thank you i wasent sure xxxx

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 10:39:45 AM »

I forgot I had posted in this thread and started another one but it won't let me delete the other one - hey ho.

Anyway - update, the new generic estriol cream is making me a little sore and causing minute pimply spots.  Not bad but something that didn't happen with Gynest.  Could the ingredients be the same but sourced more cheaply and less pure.  It must have been changed for a reason.  I am not allergic to peanuts so it can't be the peanut oil in it.  I always wondered why it needs to contain peanut oil  :-\

hellen

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 10:02:22 PM »

Hi, i had to stop using the new esteriol cream, initially it was great not a problem. but after a week i experienced swelling and soreness... im not allergic to peanuts. but i sometimes have  vaginal inflammation, so i could be just be very sensitive..  now settled back on vagifem... vaginal soreness is just no fun, so glad my vagina has decided to be happy again lol ...