Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Change of Hrt - Advice neeeded  (Read 3947 times)

Smokey

Change of Hrt - Advice neeeded
« on: June 25, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »

Hi I've changed my Hrt, I was on transdermal patch 50mg for about 4 years the everol sequil containing Northestone had no problems on it.
After memo symptoms returned asked for increase from doc 75 everol estriol patch, but said the same dose for prog part didn't come in patch so gave me Northestone tabs. Well the give me bad mood swings and gastric problems which I currently take Omeprozale at breakfast., but still get gastric problems ie heartburn. So I'm asking your advice about prog part with friendly hormones either gel mirena or patch form I don't know if I'm still peri or post menopause as always been on Hrt but am speaking to doc tomorrow, so would like to be prepared.

Many thanks

Ann

Dancinggirl

Re: Change of Hrt - Advice neeeded
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 01:12:53 PM »

Smokey - I had a Mirena for 4 years in post meno and used oestrogel alongside. This could be your best option if you don't want to have a bleed - you can then use amount of oestrogen you want.   You get a bit of breakthrough bleeding for the first few weeks but it's a good one to try. DG x

peegeetip

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 02:09:33 PM »

sorry if I'm being a bit dim here.

but you said the 50mg has enough prog in it.

and you've move to a 75mg patch?

So why dont you just get more 50mg patches and cut them in half.

50+25 :) 75mg

Both have enough prog added to counter each estrogen amount.
It might cost you a bit more on the prescription but would be worth getting back to normal.
Sometimes doc's just can't think outside the box of patches :)

Hope that helps
 :-*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:16:37 PM by peegeetip »

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

Hi

Dancinggirl, um that would be a good choice, but not sure I want the mirena as if any problems I would have to get it taken out by Doc or nurse and our practice is just so busy, getting an appointment would be a challenge in its self, as I also have ms too, I don't really want the extra stress that will go with it and that's bad with Ms.

Peegeetip

That's just what I suggested to the doctor in the first place and she laughed and said "but I'm not sure if the hormones in the half a patch would just run out"

Well if I can get to speak to a sensible doctor tomorrow maybe I'll have better luck.

Annx

Sunnydays

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 08:57:41 PM »

The patches are so made nowadays that they can be cut in half, or in my case, quarters!

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 11:09:43 AM »

Hi everyone

Well rang surgery Friday,expecting to get tele consultation booked only to be told apps all booked and to phone back Monday which I have at 8 o1 and managed to get one at 4.45 pm.

Does anyone have experiences of a Hrt without Northestone in it and a patch version please

And I'd likes people's experiences with the mirena coil too please, as I've only heard horror stories with it. Many thanks x

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »

"but I'm not sure if the hormones in the half a patch would just run out"

Smokey - I think patches have a matrix formation, don't think anything would would "run out"
I believe Dr Currie has recommended cutting patches on this forum before.

Good luck with the phone call & I hope the MS is copeable.

Smokey

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »

Thanks Limpy,

And yes Ms is not too bad except it's much worse 1week before and during period.  And Im not sure if I'm still peri or post but my mum had her last periis at 50 and I'm nearly that, but been on Hrt for quite a while so no natural bleed, how are you?

Limpy

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »

Hmmm - have been better Smokey but thanks for asking.

Smokey

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 05:55:36 PM »

Hi

Well doc phoned back although half hour late!

After looking at his little book ( I imagine that's where he was getting his info from) he has prescribed me an extra 25 patch progesterone one ( I assume so I can carry on using my patches previously) well ill see when I collect them. I hope he's got it right anyway.

He didn't seem to rate coil.

Thanks everyone x

Oh Limpy my Nuro has now recommend 5 000 IU.S. vit D £11 for years supply  to prevent. Relapses and  help fatigue x pm me if you want site I got them from.