Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bloating!  (Read 9822 times)

Sausage

Bloating!
« on: June 23, 2015, 08:32:04 PM »

Forgive me if there is a thread on this already.

I read that a side effect of HRT is bloating. After my dinner tonight, I look like I'm 3 years pregnant!  Is it just me?

Blimey, the menopause can be unattractive at times.

*Grabs a Deflatine*

Chi chi

Re: Bloating!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:54 AM »

I seem to be bloated all the time  ::)

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »

I read that a side effect of HRT is bloating. After my dinner tonight, I look like I'm 3 years pregnant!  Is it just me?

No it isn't just you.
BTW, I was bloated before I started HRT........ ::)

Briony

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 10:05:49 PM »

I was bloated pre HRT but still get it now. Milk of Magnesia helps xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 04:00:34 PM »

I get the bloating and my boobs have gone up a cup size, and I was already quite buxom to begin with.

Briony

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 05:00:55 PM »

I get the bloating and my boobs have gone up a cup size, and I was already quite buxom to begin with.

Same here. Been a lifelong AA cup (well, A  on a good day) and now I am bursting out of a B. It's the strangest feeling ever - I rarely wore a bra at home previously. Spent all my life wishing I was a bit more Jordanesque, and now I hate it. They feel alien to me. And they hurt!

Sausage

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »

Same here. Been a lifelong AA cup (well, A  on a good day) and now I am bursting out of a B. It's the strangest feeling ever - I rarely wore a bra at home previously. Spent all my life wishing I was a bit more Jordanesque, and now I hate it. They feel alien to me. And they hurt!

Me too, had to go on Youtube to see how to measure bra sizes properly and have gone up a size. I hate it too because I feel more matronly

SmitsAnnie

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 09:53:32 PM »

I'm not on HRT and am very bloated most of the time, so think it's more menopause than meds.
My bust size is also larger than before  ;)

Briony

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 10:00:56 AM »

My bust has gone back to its usual AA cup size after a growth spurt at the end of last year which I hated, but my middle has now taken on a whole new life form which I also hate!! Trousers that used to be too loose or fitted fine are now all too tight! Bloody hormones!!

S x

.... So know that feeling. Wish elastic waists would become trendy ! X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:26:31 AM »

Ladies - it's not just hormones that cause this bloating - it's also middle age spread!!!  Many of us find our digestive systems are not as efficient as we get to our 50s and beyond so wind and bloating are quite common.
I have been back on HRT for around 7 months now and I have certainly plumped up a bit but I feel generally much better.  When I had my year out from HRT, all the fat and fluid gathered around my tummy and hips and everywhere else went scrawny  - at least now my body shape is more balanced. DG x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »

sparkle - The problem is, people blame HRT and all sorts of things for weight gain or bloating and of course these things can have an influence but we can't get away from the fact that there is a good reason most women become thicker around their middles when we get to our 50s and beyond.
I think expecting HRT to sort out low mood is quite a tall order - you only have to read posts on MM to realise that HRT can only help to a certain degree.  What I will tell you is that I definitely have a more positive outlook when on HRT - this is probably down to better sleep, not feeling constantly hot and bothered and having more energy. I take HRT to help me control my body temperature, to reduce sleep disturbance and help with my bladder and VA problems - when these are better I naturally feel better.
If you are getting lots of flushes and night sweats then HRT is good to try - I am 59 and using HRT sequentially as I don't like using progesterone all the time so still get a monthly bleed which is a nuisance - so much in life is about compromise.  DG x

Briony

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 09:21:25 PM »

Sparkle, I'm definitely joining your elastic waists club! More seriously, HRT definitely isn't the answer to all our ills - sadly we can't prevent the ageing process  - but I do think it (and the pill) have eased my digestive issues and headaches. Can't comment on flushes as never had one. The natural progesterone made me nicely tired before bed, but the synthetic one wasn't so easy to take xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 09:54:31 PM »

sparkle -  I would try something to help you sleep.  Have you tried Nytol? - not herbal Nytol but the one with some antihystermine.  I still use this when I've had a few nights of not sleeping well - so a couple of nights taking this will break the pattern of waking too many times throughout the night. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 10:25:44 PM »

I don't find elastic helpful, if I'm having a thin day the skirt slips to my knees and if not, I haul it under my breasts but still feel bloated  ::) and as for that skirt I've worn this weekend ………. look and feel fat, fat, fat  :-X

1 thing I will add though, is don't limit the amount you drink thinking it will ease bloating symptoms: it rarely does!  Make sure that your pee is straw coloured, any darker and you ain't drinking enough, any lighter and it's too much! include fruits, soups, other food stuffs which is passed via the kidneys ……… getting rid of wind helps too  ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:27:28 PM by CLKD »

Limpy

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 09:16:14 AM »

Lets hear it for the "Elastic Waists Club".  :parti:
The non trendy aspect is easily sorted by longer tops.  ;)
Pages: [1] 2