Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tried but failed with Angeliq  (Read 2304 times)

warwick01

Tried but failed with Angeliq
« on: June 22, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »

Morning all

Well I have managed to get through 6 weeks on Angeliq HRT. Started on half tab and been taking full tablet for 3 weeks (with a pump of gel) as Angeliq is a low dose and didn't control my symptoms.

I have every side effect in the book including:
Nausea
Headache
dry eyes
low mood (feeling really depressed)
strange morbid thoughts (scary)
increase in dizzies
Last week had 3 episodes like I was about to faint
bleed for 3 weeks

Although I did expect some symptome the depression scared the crap out of me, I couldn't get off the bed and had really scary images in my head. So have just stopped taking it and gone back to Oestrogel.

I feel so fed up with trying to find a solution and just feel well. I am becoming more house bound due to panic attacks. GP wants me to try 10mg of Citrapam but to be honest I am scared of having a reaction to this.

Please tell me at 56 this will improve???? as Im writing this I am having a hot flush with the palps........ grrrrrr >:(

It sure is hard and I can see my DH is fed up with the fact I don't want to leave the house

W

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tried but failed with Angeliq
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:33:59 AM »

Take care of YOU!  Finding something which works can be Trial and Error which is tiring in itself!  Give yourself a couple of weeks then seriously think about trying the Citalopram as I believe it helps with flushes.  Of course ADs can have side effects too but it may well be worth trying.

Those depressive episodes can be really scary.  Have they now improved? 

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 01:00:43 PM »

CLKD

Thank you for your reply.

I could have put up with the majority of side effects but the depression and scary thoughts would not lift therefore, I have stopped the Angeliq yesterday. Even though I have applied the gel today I feel I am having a constant hot flush, spacey feeling which may be due to the withdrawl of progesterone.

I get so fed up with trying differant HRT to find a solution. The gel worked fine for 2 years and I was told as symptoms had returned its possible I have become sensetized to the gel.

Back to my research........... and what to try nxt Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 03:19:16 PM »

Where you on the optimum gel dosage, if not, why wasn't it suggested that you up the amount?

Scarey thoughts are not to be messed with, if it's caused by medication then the best thing is to stop taking it.  How are you otherwise?