Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 12168 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »

Nope.  Can't remember what I did this morning  ::)

spiritguide

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 04:29:46 PM »

Hello all. I have been absently recently because my life has gone shit shaped. My plan was to leave teaching and to supply for the sake of my sanity but I have now had to get a short term contact. Many reasons for this:too many teachers in the supply pool;lots of schools trying to keep cover in house, mild winter hence not as many illnesses. We had to use our savings to survive as work was few and far between. I'm trying to be positive and know this is for the short term while a plan b is thought of. Also my mother died suddenly in October and that has been so difficult. I did not know how much emotional pain I could feel and still am feeling.
My periods are skew whiff again...
I feel negative and depressed...don't like this version of me. I'm sure my tear ducts have emptied their reservoir...but they still keep coming somehow.
I try and smile...a lot if the time it's false...my real ones should come back...soon I hope.

Dorothy

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2015, 08:58:33 AM »

So sorry to hear your news.  Sending you a  :hug:  Your real smiles WILL come back...it's early days.  Be gentle with yourself; grieving takes more time and energy than you would think.

Louisa

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2015, 09:11:19 AM »

of course the tears keep on coming - heavens I still have a little cry every now and again (birthdays etc) about my dad when he died in 2009 !

Hurdity

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2015, 07:34:37 PM »

spiritguide - you have my sympathies - so very sorry to hear about your mum. I've just been to visit mine today and I can't imagine life without her. It must be difficult working full time when you are feeling like this but hopefully it won't be for too long. I do hope things begin to look up for you, and yes, if you can it's so important for your sanity to try to stay positive.  This came up in my FB a few weeks ago and maybe there is something here to help you - although I don't know if they will work when you are trying to cope with grief. Apologies if it's not the right time for this http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/healthy-living/these-two-minute-daily-habits-will-make-you-happier-immediately-researchers-say-10364823.html

Hurdity x

spiritguide

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2015, 12:11:07 PM »

Thank you so much for your support and I shall try and keep on posting as seeing the replies has made me feel warmer inside. I suppose you just can't plan life, no matter how you try to...
Love to you all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]