Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 12188 times)

spiritguide

Re: Hello
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 09:09:51 PM »

Hey, TropicalVon, have you started your course of Femoston yet?
I'm feeling a lot better...and oh boy ,my sex drive is back...feeling flirty again! Which is about bloody time as I was feeling like shrivelled up old prune...Talking of which, I really got to look after my fanoir, as it's getting irritated and dry. Sister recommended Replens. What do folks think? or is there anything better?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 09:51:24 PM »

Yep - it may be the beginning of vaginal atrophy so a localised HRT i.e. Vagifem or Ovestin will ease symptoms.  Start before it gets worse!

spiritguide

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 07:29:53 AM »

Dr said to make appointment just before 3 month mark of taking HRT. Do you think I should wait or make an earlier one to get the localised hormone cream? I'm assuming hormone levels are quite low as not to interfere with the HRT?

spiritguide

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:08 AM »

Just found this link on another thread which I'm going to print off.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »

Treatment for vaginal atrophy is different to HRT so don't wait! 

spiritguide

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 08:57:42 PM »

Hello. Just a quick question...I'm now on my first period whilst taking. HRT, 10 days earlier. Sorry to be so graphic but it's sooo dark, almost black. I normally use tampons but I just feel I ought to use pads to to keep an eye on things..is it natural for it to be so sticky? As I was going through peri, things were changing, but it seems more clot-like than normal. I'm assuming it's normal...? I hope! Sorry...I just want to know if it's kinda normal or not.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 09:35:01 PM »

Red blood is fresh, black/dark has been 'stored' somewhere - probably use pads and keep an eye on what you are passing and how much.  Hormones probably slow the 'shedding' somewhat ……… I had clots all my life, usually bright red  :o …….. certainly I would mention it to my GP if the blood remains dark and sticky.  What does it say on the leaflet with the HRT?  Probably nowt???

spiritguide

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 07:30:54 PM »

Thanks again CLKD...another thing I need to chat to the doctor about!

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 01:53:01 PM »

Any better today?  I thought about you as I was dropping off to sleep last night  ::)

Dorothy

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2015, 11:46:26 AM »

If it's any comfort, mine was always dark and clot-like for first few days until I was about 35 (which, in hindsight, was probably the start of peri as periods started fluctuating and I got the odd hot flush) and I'm still breathing! 

TropicalVon69

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 05:07:07 PM »

Hi Spirit guide....how's it going with the femoston and has your bleeding settled?....delayed taking tabs last month but started this morning....fed up feeling weird, wired and exhausted ...fingers crossed I feel better and hope you are too xxx

spiritguide

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2015, 05:12:03 PM »

Hello All, I've been off the radar for a while, grappling with my new life direction, holidays and general life. I handed my notice in in July, and now I'm facing the world of supply teaching. I haven't  got any work yet but I will.
 Periods are now coming around the expected time...and the "flow" this month seems to be more "normal", however on the flip side the pain this month is worse, and so is my crying...:(
I've got 4 days left of my first packet of Femoston and have already got a new packet.
Feeling old...but I'm sure it will pass...til the next time!
Ps thanks for thinking about me.

Hurdity

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2015, 04:58:22 PM »

Hi there spiritguide

It's always a mixed blessing - peri, meno hormones HRT! If it's not one thing it's another. Glad the bleeding is not so bad but hopefully the pain will ease. Crying is par for the course during peri - well I found this anyway!

Good news ( I hope) about the job and with supply teaching at least you will be able to pace yourself and only choose days/schools that you want and when you feel up to it, I presume?

Feeling old - you get used to it! Some of us are actually quite old - but hey! Hope the Femoston continues to suit you.

Hurdity x  :)

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2015, 10:08:55 PM »

We had an age related thread for a while  ::)

spiritguide

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 06:39:31 AM »

Well I shall most definitely find that thread, do you happen to know what area its under?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4