Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleeding.  (Read 2893 times)

Ju Ju

Post menopausal bleeding.
« on: June 10, 2015, 08:06:19 AM »

After being prescribed increased HRT by my gynaecologist, I started spotting lightly after a few weeks, despite not being in the progesterone phase, so reported this to my GP, who thought it due to the increased HRT, but has referred me for a scan just in case they have missed something.

The spotting continued and increased so I contacted my gynaecologist, who thought the doctor was correct and advised me to go back to the original prescription, as she felt my body couldn't cope with the increased HRT, even though symptoms indicated that I would benefitted.

The spotting continues on and off and has increased, but I have noticed increases after inserting vagifem. Annoyingly, I'm getting the menstrural type symptoms, including bowel issues.

Fortunately, my scan appointment has arrived at last, so I will find out if there is anything to be concerned about. More than anything it's making life a bit stressful, as I continue with a course I am on for the next 2 weekends, which I find exhausting at the best of times.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Kathleen

Re: Post menopausal bleeding.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:54:08 AM »

Hello Ju Ju.

I think we are similar in that I am 58 and almost 5 years without periods and just today I noticed, ahem, brown stuff when I wipe. I am coming up to three months of using Evorel Conti 50 mcg patch which provides continuous oestrogen and norethisterone. This is so annoying as I thought I was doing okay with this regime and was looking forward to continued improvement but now I may have to reduce the dose.

I will make an appointment with my GP and post an update asap but may I ask have you been referred for a vaginal scan or do I have something more invasive to look forward to?

Sorry I can't be of more help to you but as we say here on the board "You are not alone".

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it helps to know I'm not alone!

My doctor referred me for the scan. I had one years ago during the peri meno phase and it wasn't too bad at all. I'm 61. My appointment is in 2 weeks, but it has taken a few weeks to come through. I'll post what the results are, hopefully as the doctor thinks, due to the increase of HRT.

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 04:26:48 PM »

My scan is on Monday thank goodness. What was occasional light spotting is now becoming heavier, with the need to change sanitary towels regularly throughout the day. I'm feeling drained and finding the course I am on hard going as a consequence. I hope this is caused by something simple and that I don't have to stop HRT completely. Any words of comfort welcome as this something I don't want to talk about.