Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hemogloblin Levels  (Read 1851 times)

toffeecushion

Hemogloblin Levels
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:46:44 PM »

I was told by my doctor's receptionist that my hemoglobin levels were 102 and that I had to make an appointment to see the doctor.  I can't see the doctor till the 12th June and was wondering whether I should be taking iron supplements now.

groundhog

Re: Hemogloblin Levels
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:31:08 PM »

My haemoglobin levels were 102 when I left hospital toffee cusion.  They didn't class is as anaemic but low HB.  My GP did prescribe iron tabs but I couldn't tolerate them.  I bought something from boots called spatone which is a sachet containing water natural in iron - had good reviews.   My HB levels were 120 at my last test which is almost normal.  Maybe you could try these sachets until you see the doctor as they are completely natural x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:41:18 PM »

I wonder whether you should leave things as they are at the moment toffeecushion just in case your doc wants to run some more blood tests. If you've begun a supplement already then you wont give a true reading. 102 isn't dangerously low as groundhog says it's just a bit low. Nothing bad will happen to you over the next ten days if you don't use a supplement. You doc would have left a prescription out for you if he wanted you to start something straight away I reckon.

Taz x

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »

Thanks ladies, I already take a 14mg iron supplement which is the RDA, so I will just stick with that.  I tried to speak to a doctor today, am still waiting for her to call me back.