Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: symptoms back!  (Read 2190 times)

holidaylover

symptoms back!
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:52:01 AM »

Morning Ladies,

One year ago I had some horrible symptoms, that really brought me to my knees, both physically and mentally.  After loads of blood tests, a doctor sending me on my way with AD's, an MRI, the neurologist decided that the cause was Hyper Ventilation Syndrome and I was sent to a physio so I could retrain my breathing patterns.  The symptoms lasted six months, so by the time I saw the physio they had gone anyway, but I was so glad to have found a diagnosis. I thought that was the end of it. However, since yesterday they are back with a vengence, almost like something has triggered them and flared everything up again.

Symtoms are:   tingling roof of mouth,
                      tingling, burning feet
                      stiff joints, neck and back, fingers feel tight
                      palpitations (some of the time)
                      aware of my pulse in fingertips
                      tight cramping calves
                      stinging sore glands around boobs!
                      really bloated stomach

Now, my periods are all over the place and I know most of these symptoms are meno related, but to have everything return almost overnight seems strange and my anxiety levels, I know, are about to hit the roof again.  If I go back to the doctors I know he'll just put it all down to anxiety again, but I do think there is something else they are missing. The thought of going back down this path again is just dreadful.  Anyone got any words of wisdom?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: symptoms back!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 02:35:16 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Have a browse of the menus, top of screen.  Jot down notes.  Keep a mood/food diary.  Do you stll have periods which will determine which HRT you may require.

Go to your Practice Nurse initially and discuss with her.  Then explain to your GP that this is hormonal and you would like HRT - please  ;)

holidaylover

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »

Hi, Sparkle, Hvs is a breathing disorder when you breathe from the chest rather than the stomach and carries a wide range of symptoms such as dizziness, bloated feelings and depression/anxiety.  The neurologist I saw said he had seen numerous woman 'of an age', whom he had seen after thinking they were suffering from a neurological condition.  My physio recommended a book called Hyperventilation Syndrome by Dinah Bradley (I got mine second hand from Amazon).  I still have problems, though, accepting that I don't have some other illness going misdiagnosed)!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:18:26 PM »

Singing lessons? in order to learn to breath correctly!