Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Retroverted uterus  (Read 17887 times)

Retroverted uterus
« on: May 26, 2015, 05:52:53 AM »

Anyone who has experienced problems with a retroverted uterus?

honeybun

Re: Retroverted uterus
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:41:55 AM »

I have one but no problems that I can attribute to it.

A feeling of heaviness in my nether regions in the mornings but I'm pretty sure I have a slight prolapse.

Anything specific ?

Honeyb
x

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 06:48:17 AM »

I have one too.  Like Honeybun, a heavy feeling in the mornings, lots of low backache if I'm constipated, period pains usually felt around my back as did my labour pains.

My babies were all born facing the wrong way which I was told by midwife was because of my uterus. Not sure how that one works though  :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:21:56 AM by Claireylou »

GeordieGirl

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 07:19:04 AM »

I have one and have never had any issues - or none that I recognise. It made giving birth a little more tricky - both girls were ventouse deliveries - but other than that I really wouldn't have known which angle my uterus was.

Is yours proving problematic?

GG x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »

I have one but it's never caused a problem except during labour when there was more backache than normal - whatever "normal" is in those circumstances  ;D

Found this on the Embarrassing Bodies site

"A retroverted uterus is not usually considered to be a serious medical condition, although it may be an indicator of an underlying condition. Some women are born with their womb tilted backwards, but it may also be caused by pregnancy, which enlarges the uterus, or by scar tissue following a condition such as endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease. Reaching the menopause can also cause the uterus to change position, as the ligaments holding it in place become weaker. In rare cases, retroversion of the uterus may cause some discomfort, for example during sex or when using tampons. However, there are generally no symptoms. The position of the uterus is normally revealed through a pelvic examination"

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 07:44:52 AM »

Interesting. Difficult to say wherever a retroverted uterus has caused problems or problems were caused by other issues. I did have great difficulty inserting tampons and they were uncomfortable, so gave up and used sanitary towels. I also experienced back pain during labour.

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 07:48:16 AM »

I had back pain during labour too. Apart from that no other problems.

Honeyb
x

toffeecushion

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 09:05:14 AM »

I have one too and always have trouble with a smear as they can never find my cervix.

Night_Owl

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 10:12:51 AM »

I have this abnormality too - and the uterus veers off to the left.  My mum had it too.  She also had endometriosis - a full hyster at age 40.

Also had trouble at most recent smear - as they couldn't find my cervix, everything must had shifted and dropped.

I do wonder if the retrograde has made everything 'collapse' a bit more with the loss of estrogen and tissue support.

Also, on HRT, I wonder about any backflow of withdrawal bleed - and whether it all finds its way out - or hangs around in the body.  I do have regular uterine scans and only on a low dose of estrogen.

Have you experienced any problems 20032003?

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 10:46:20 AM »

Not sure if mine is causing my problems. I just - during an ultrasound in March - found out that mine ia tilted backwards. Starting to wonder if it's gotten worse since my rectal problems started last fall. Mainly the stuff about strethed ligaments in menopause is what I'm thinking about. I have horses, and do a lot of heavy lifting regularly plus that I work with small children = also lots of lifting. Previouly I would always have rectal cramping at the onset of my period, possibly indicating that my uterus and rectum are really close? But, of course, it's just speculation. But I have an appt with the gyno on June 15. Will try to ask then.

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 01:03:50 PM »

I have always found alternate positions in sexual intercourse uncomfortable, even painful, but branded myself as frigid, but maybe there was a physical reason. I have been referred for another ultrasound to check out unexplained bleeding, so it will be interesting to see how things are now. GP thinks the bleeding is caused by the upping of oestrogen, but wants to check in case something has been missed, so not too worried.

Claireylou

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 01:19:18 PM »

Forgot to say that my cervix often goes walkabouts during a smear  ::)

MrsMopp

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »

Yes, same as toffeecushion and Claire.  My GP always did my smear as she said it was quite difficult to do due to the retroverted uterus.  I'm pretty sure she also said that the uterus could move around so might not necessarily always be retroverted. 

After both births I had to have D&Cs but I've no idea if that is related to anything to do with it.

MrsMopp

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »

Yes, same as toffeecushion and Claire.  My GP always did my smear as she said it was quite difficult to do due to the retroverted uterus.  I'm pretty sure she also said that the uterus could move around so might not necessarily always be retroverted. 

After both births I had to have D&Cs but I've no idea if that is related to anything to do with it.

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 07:55:22 PM »

I've got one too - but since I've never known any different I've no idea if it's caused problems or not!!! The only thing is my gynae GP, when she told me I had one, asked me if I had to lean over to fully empty my bladder which I do - and she said this was the reason....

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2 3