Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: First Big C .treatment tomorrow - wish me luck!  (Read 28658 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First Big C .treatment tomorrow - wish me luck!
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »

I don't understand why the lymph node requires removal at this stage? mine were removed and sent to histology to see if there were signs of spread - which there wasn't. 

Hopefully your holiday venue will not be blessed with rain >wave< …… my camper is outside as I'm replenishing cutlery, clothing, soap etc. …….

oldsheep

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2015, 03:59:43 PM »

hope you have a great weekend GG. May the sun shine and you have fun x

GeordieGirl

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2015, 04:56:22 PM »

I don't understand why the lymph node requires removal at this stage? mine were removed and sent to histology to see if there were signs of spread - which there wasn't. 

They don't think the node is cancerous and there's nothing to suggest there is - I guess it's just belt and braces. I've emailed the Professor this week to let him know I've withdrawn any consent for external radiotherapy. He won't be best chuffed with me I suspect but it's my body...

Oldsheep it was last weekend we camped - and had a fab time. It's not often you come back from Stourport with a sun tan  :)  Off again at the end of the month, I guess I'm going to have to stay home and do something to my garden this weekend.

GG X

CLKD

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2015, 05:01:20 PM »

Lymph nodes are there to alert the body of infection ……..  :-\

Glad your trip away was good!

GeordieGirl

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »

Lymph nodes are there to alert the body of infection ……..  :-\

Indeed. I'm not sure there's anything in my pelvis area I want rid of (or burned to a cinder), apart from the little tumour. I'm quite attached to everything else in there, and as long as it's behaving itself, then I'd much prefer to hold onto it rather than wipe it out 'just in case'.

GG x

CLKD

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2015, 05:06:19 PM »

I agree.  If there's no swelling or irritation, pain/discomfort it's another anaesthetic for what reason?  Probably a need to discuss before proceeding?

GeordieGirl

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2015, 05:25:56 PM »

I agree.  If there's no swelling or irritation, pain/discomfort it's another anaesthetic for what reason?  Probably a need to discuss before proceeding?

I'm not proceeding. I told them at the beginning I wouldn't have chemo, I've emailed them now to confirm I won't have external radiotherapy either....and am feeling much better having made my mind up conclusively on it all.

GG x

Taz2

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2015, 05:36:02 PM »

Good luck GeordieGirl - as you say it is your decision and one you are comfortable with. Everyone reacts differently both to the decision and the treatment in my experience and you have obviously done lots of research. I must admit I wouldn't be brave enough not to go for belt and braces but that's the kind of person I am in other ways too.

Taz x  :)

Limpy

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2015, 05:48:46 PM »

GeordieGirl - I was wondering this morning what your decision was.
I can understand it completely.
Are you due to see your lovely bottom consultant anytime soon?

GeordieGirl

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »

Good luck GeordieGirl - as you say it is your decision and one you are comfortable with. Everyone reacts differently both to the decision and the treatment in my experience and you have obviously done lots of research. I must admit I wouldn't be brave enough not to go for belt and braces but that's the kind of person I am in other ways too.

Taz x  :)

Funnily enough Taz I  feel so much more positive about this than if I'd simply jumped on the standard conveyor belt. I won't simply have the tumour zap and then leave it at that, I'm following a strict dietary protocol that is known to help. Orthomolecular medicine (as it's called) has some very eminent scientists, physicians and Nobel Laureates at its helm (http://orthomolecular.org/history/index.shtml  and yet is largely disregarded by the NHS, paid lip service to only in the rather lame instructions to eat 5 a day.    There's a lot of fascinating and compelling research on orthomolecular medicine, as well as huge numbers of cases where it's helped where conventional medicine could not.

I do admit to having to really question my convictions on this route, we're all so very conditioned to believing in our medical profession and expecting a magic pill that it's really tested me deciding which route to take.  I'm actually choosing the best of both, with the low dose contact radiation to zap the tumour, and the nutritional 'medicine' complementing this. And my instinct is happy with my choice  :)

I was meant to see Bum Doc for 5 days next week for the external radiation, I'm now waiting to see what they want me to do next. I must admit though I'm excited to see how much the tumour goes down in the interim, after the first session it had shrunk significantly.

GG x

Annie0710

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2015, 07:32:39 PM »

I'm glad you enjoyed your break away

Well done you for standing by your decision, I know you know what you're talking about, I'd be running round like a headless chicken not knowing what to accept/decline

Big hugs
Annie xx

GeordieGirl

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

Well done you for standing by your decision, I know you know what you're talking about, I'd be running round like a headless chicken not knowing what to accept/decline

Big hugs
Annie xx

I really, really believe in instinct Annie. Last week at the hospital my instinct was screaming at me whilst I was being pushed into having a CT scan to be marked up for the external radiation. Emotionally I felt so dreadful and at complete odds with myself, I just knew it wasn't right for me.  It's been one huge relief to have actually made my mind up, and the more I've read since, the more and more and more convinced I am of it all.  I'm sure Bum Doc won't be overly happy with me but I'm sure having a challenging patient every now and then  works well to keep them on their toes  :)

GG x

honeybun

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2015, 07:40:52 PM »

Instinct is a wonderful thing.

It has saved many a life I'm sure, especially with mothers and children when you instinctively know something is wrong.

It's great that you can apply that to you and go with a gut feeling that you know what is right.

Honeybun
X

GeordieGirl

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2015, 08:14:21 AM »

Update:

After only 2 treatments (a total of 2 minutes!) and a HELL of a lot of work on the nutritional side, cutting out most wheat, sweet, meat and eating predominantly organic fruit and veg, my tumour has shrunk an amazing 80% !  The Bum Doc is amazed and very happy with the results.  I'm thrilled but not surprised  :)

I allowed myself a little celebration at the weekend as we were at a VW festival, but despite having craved a cake for ages, I've got to say it was a little disappointing. I think my taste buds must have altered over the last few months whilst I've been feeding them different foods. That's a good thing of course as I have to view my revamped diet as a lifestyle rather than a treatment, it's not just a case of getting rid of the cancer, but ensuring it doesn't pop up elsewhere.

I've also hooked up with a body of people who have treat their cancer naturally - one lady was sent home to die with her terminal pancreatic and liver cancer as the medics could do nothing to help her. 4 years later she's alive and very well and giving lectures on nutritional healing  ( http://cancer-acts.com/our-story/ )    And still my cancer hospital continues to serve sugar loaded food, processed cr@p and fizzy aspartame drinks to its patients......  really??!

I've had a third treatment and will find out the results in a fortnight but I'm pretty sure it'll be gone by then.

I'm so very, very happy I followed my instinct on this, even though it was scary when faced with the choice and a consultant who was strongly advocating surgery, and another who wanted chemotherapy and external radiation.  The lesson it's taught me is - never be afraid to challenge, and don't see medics as some kind of omniscient gods who know everything. I've two consultants who disagree with each other never mind me, hm.

GG x

Limpy

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2015, 09:13:23 AM »

So glad to hear your news GG.

It's very worrying to hear the huge differences of approach between your consultants. How on earth are we supposed to get the correct information? I suppose they are all human and each will have  their preferred way of doing things, but even so............

How is your current consultant taking the fact that you aren't having radiation, is he ok about it?

Hope all goes well when you get your results in a fortnight.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8