Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: First Big C .treatment tomorrow - wish me luck!  (Read 28788 times)

honeybun

Re: First Big C .treatment tomorrow - wish me luck!
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »

So pleased to hear it all went well. Sounds as if you are in the very best of hands. Refreshing to hear that you are being listened too.

:foryou:

Honeybun
X

BrightLight

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »

Good to hear from you and that you feel as confident and positive as you do, that the relationships with the medics and treatment plan are also all inline.  I don't think you are potty to think in terms of everything having a reason.  Everything is a learning that leads to the next and the next and the next thing, until it doesn't anymore, which I think might be quite boring. Wishing you more wellness.

Annie0710

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »

You are excellent at your research !
I'm so glad things are going your way
I'm too a believer that things challenge us for reasons although why can't they be little tiny challenges ?

I feel you'll be fine

Annie xx

Limpy

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2015, 03:08:49 PM »

So so pleased for you

:foryou:

rebelyell

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »

Gosh, you are amazing.   To think of answering individuals on this thread is wonderful.  You have totally inspired me to be more positive.  I am also altering my diet - have given up caffeine, alcohol, sugar [where possible] and have always cooked everything from scratch.   I have also started yoga and pilates and am thinking of zumba.   

If you can stay positive, I can.   :)  THANKS and good luck.

GeordieGirl

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2015, 04:31:10 PM »

I think positive attitude is a factor of mind rather than circumstances Rebel - it's easy to find a lot of stuff to whinge about, it's just as easy to find lots and lots of nice things to be grateful for too  :)  A bit of 'training' and I'm sure you'll get there! 

Best of luck with the healthy eating and exercise plan.

GG x

Hurdity

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »

So good to hear from you GeordieGirl and that you are feeling well, upbeat and positive - you are an inspiration! Also thanks for reminding us to go to the docs - I really must make that appt....

I hope it all works well - but I'm flabbergasted that you are able to work right in the middle of this?! Shouldn't you be resting?

Hurdity xx

GeordieGirl

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2015, 06:24:42 PM »

So good to hear from you GeordieGirl and that you are feeling well, upbeat and positive - you are an inspiration! Also thanks for reminding us to go to the docs - I really must make that appt....

I hope it all works well - but I'm flabbergasted that you are able to work right in the middle of this?! Shouldn't you be resting?

Hurdity xx

Resting? Aha, the advantage of working for myself is I can work as long as I like for as little as I like but rest doesn't come into it  :)  Not such a bad thing as it's a distraction.   That said, I feel great. This treatment isn't like chemo or standard radiation that pretty much knocks you for six, it's so less invasive. Despite having a bloody big pole up my @rse I could even sit down afterwards and even went dancing on Tuesday evening  :)   I must admit though I'm making the most of my partner's sympathy, he's been sorting out meals a lot more and looking after me - it would be positively rude of me not to make the most of it  ;D

As for that appointment - DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT !!!  It may be something and nothing, it may not, but the earlier you investigate the better. And if nothing else, it's a day out with some (often) dishy consultants.  ;)

GG x

mazzy

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »

What a positive Lady you are and such an inspiration to all of us.  Most people would be knocked for six after treatment but I think that a positive certainly helps.  :foryou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »

"It probably sounds potty to say .. "  may I giggle?

As for chemo, it is used to shrink some tumours.  Radiation can be very painful in certain places as it does burn - my breast looked like it had sat in the sun all on it's own  ::) - I was given a steroid cream to apply. 

I was tired during the 4 weeks of daily round trips of 30 miles so made sure that I went into work most days.  The treatment session took 4 mins., it took longer to remove clothing and get dressed again  ::).  I didn't feel ill whilst under-going treatment; emotionally upset but not physically which is why I stopped the Tamoxifen after 4 weeks. [long story short]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:24:38 PM by CLKD »

Kathleen

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2015, 02:27:31 PM »

Hello GeordieGirl.

I've just caught up with this thread and loving your attitude. I wish you continued success with your treatment and recovery.

Take care.

K.

groundhog

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2015, 09:44:44 PM »

Love your attitude - really need to take a leaf out of your book!
Have you always been positive or has it taken some brain training? 

GeordieGirl

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2015, 09:42:22 PM »

I've always been annoying positive I'm afraid  :)   My mum used to say that no matter how bad you think things are, there's someone who's in a worse position....very true, and we need to count our blessings rather than look for the clouds.   I must admit though I'm even surprising myself on this one, and even when I've had the odd bout of insomnia it was worrying about work and not the cancer!

On the plus side:
1. My tumour's been caught early, and pretty much by chance - it's in a very difficult place to spot so could have easily been overlooked. I've a lot to thank my local hospital for.
2. This whole thing has really forced me to look at my diet and general lifestyle and we've been making some huge changes for the better. I'm not quite sure how I got this far without doing it earlier to be honest, and I feel - and look - so much better for it.
3. I'm getting my money's worth out of the NHS  ;)  And I've met some lovely, lovely people along the way.

I believe positive mental attitude goes a long way to beating these things - most things in fact- and I'm quite determined to still be around in my 80s so I get my own back on my kids  ;)

I'm back at Clatterbridge on Tuesday and hopefully the tumour will have responded as it should do. My consultant knows I'm not going down the chemo route but may be pushing external radiation depending on the results....I'm not entirely convinced about this either but am trying to keep an open mind until we've discussed it in more depth. Let's see what comes.

GG x

GeordieGirl

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2015, 09:46:31 PM »

Just thinking more on this. the only time when my positive attitude was knocked was last summer when an employee nearly bankrupt my business and I had months of extreme stress. I kept my sanity with long walks, but also tuning into some very inspirational people on YouTube. I personally love Jack Canfield, he's like everyone's favourite grandfather but so wise, but in essence there are a lot of motivational speakers and there's bound to be something that hits a chord.   A 15 minute with Jack on a morning was enough to fire me up for the day, and I still occasionally tune in if I'm peed of with work etc.  Well recommended.

GG x

Limpy

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2015, 09:18:24 AM »

Hope it goes well at Clatterbridge on Tuesday

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8