Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: What's normal and what's not - cramping, periods, etc during peri  (Read 5291 times)

I definitely don't understand my body anymore, and it's scary to try to sort out what's normal and what's not during this time. My periods have been very light for quite a while now - maybe a year. For instance, my last period started 8 days ago (15th). It started midday with a little cramping. The first thing I noticed was that my back was so stiff I couldn't bend down to pick up a toy from the floor at work (preschool teacher :) ). Some mucus and red blood. The rest of the day I guess a little bit more came. I keep track in an app on my phone, and I called it "light flow" that day. Saturday and Sunday I noted "moderate flow", but in reality I think Sunday was pretty light too. Monday I had some "spotting". I've had a couple of drops of brown blood in my underwear almost every day up until yesterday. Don't know yet what will happen today. My period app says that I'm in a new "fertile window" (probably not so much ;) ) now, and that my ovulation will happen in 4 days - on the 27th.

If anyone has read my stomach problems thread, you know that I suffer from some issues there. It makes it even more difficult for me to sort out what I'm feeling in the "female department"... It is instestines/stomach cramping, ovulation pain, cramps in my uterus - or what??? Today I feel some weird cramping in the middle of my stomach  low, low down. Kind of like where I imagine my uterus would sit (I'm so bad at anatomy...). But why would I have cramps now?

Anyone else confused about their cycle at this stage?

Dancinggirl

Re: What's normal and what's not - cramping, periods, etc during peri
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 08:25:57 AM »

Hi 20032003
This all sounds very typical for the peri meno stage.  I'm afraid we all experience the menopause differently and no one will be able to tell you how long this phase will last. It is also very common to start getting issues with the digestive system at this time in our lives as well. What is happening to you sounds very normal. If you are concerned then see your doctor for some reassurance and perhaps consider HRT to see if it helps.  You may experience longer or shorter gaps between periods and lighter or heavier periods for some time before the periods actually stop. DG x

Re: What's normal and what's not - cramping, periods, etc during peri
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »

Thank you :)! It's always nice to get some reassurance... I DO wish that I could have my much more predictable body back, though... It felt like I had just figured out how it worked and, BAM, back to square one...  ???