Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vaginal (external) cream recommendations  (Read 19766 times)

Annie0710

Vaginal (external) cream recommendations
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:22:49 PM »

Hi ladies

I'm on oestrogen hrt and vagifem (doing 3 x weekly although doc said I've got to reduce to 2 x weekly) but I'm still itchy and uncomfortable outside

What do you recommend that I apply to this area that won't be a problem for when OH and I know know, get amorous and which is ok if it transfers to his skin (and I don't just mean his legs )

TIA

Annie xx

Maryjane

Re: Vaginal (external) cream recommendations
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:08:56 PM »

Baby janes doctor went to a HRT conference and was told we can use vagifem up to 5 xs a week.....you can use estriol cream externally very weak......I was to.d by the GUM a clinic to use vagifem and local,oestrogen on the outside I am 48.....I also use YES oil based.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 08:30:04 PM »

I agree you do not have to reduce to 2 x per week! The Estring vaginal ring gives way more than this - 7.5 mcg per 24 hours = 52.5 mcg per week http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/1512/SPC. The absolute maximum that 3 x 10 mcg Vagifem could release per week is clearly only 30 mcg. Have you thought of increasing to 2 at once twice a week to see if this helps?

Hurdity x

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:33:51 PM »

I thought you could use vagifem more often, first I was told I couldn't use it all then I tackled GPS and they said I could, I'm being referred to Nhs gynae because they don't know what to prescribe me and when he phoned to tell me i mentioned I'm using it 3xweekly and he said I mustn't, I can only do 2x weekly insertions

re-estriol cream externally.... Did you mean very weak or every week ? I've never used it so have no idea

Thanks
Annie xx

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »

I agree you do not have to reduce to 2 x per week! The Estring vaginal ring gives way more than this - 7.5 mcg per 24 hours = 52.5 mcg per week http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/1512/SPC. The absolute maximum that 3 x 10 mcg Vagifem could release per week is clearly only 30 mcg. Have you thought of increasing to 2 at once twice a week to see if this helps?

Hurdity x

That sounds like a better way of doing it !
I'm due tonight so will pop 2 in

Thanks Hurdity

Annie xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 08:47:24 PM »

PS I meant to say I use Estriol cream externally too! The Gynest cream is very weak (weaker preparation than Ovestin) and you should be able to use it liberally - there is so little absorption anyway. I have this too, and the vag pessaries and systemic HRT!!! (all on NHS!)

Hurdity x

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:19:18 PM »

Do you mean you use Estriol cream liberally Hurdity ?
I wonder whether a phone call could get doc to prescribe it ? I'm not holding out hope, they're scared to prescribe anything hormone related :-(

Annie xx

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »

Hurdity look !
DHEA and testosterone added to it !
I've only read that bit

"
Pros   Estriol vaginal cream is a great option for vaginal dryness, because it is so gentle and  safe to use, especially if there are concerns related to breast cancer. Many of the local oncologists are now using estriol for women that have a history or have present disease. This type of cream will slowly but effectively help both internal and external vaginal tissue, and can also be used on the vulva and urethral tissue. Results may be expected in as little as 1-2 weeks.Estriol vaginal cream can also be custom-compounded to include a small amount of testosterone and DHEA. This is especially beneficial for many women as it quickly plumps up the tissue and can also increase sex drive. "

Annie xx

ancient runner

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 08:30:37 AM »

Just went to chemist to pick up my Estring to be told it's not currently available. Manufacturing problem? Could cry.  Mine runs out in a couple of weeks and I have to see different GP this week for a gynae check before working out if I should have full HRT for my soreness. Now sleeping terribly as well.
If any of you can get hold of an Estring though,  it is great!
PS has anyone got a link to a paper or anything where we can quote the Vagifem x 5 weekly idea? Feel I might get That Look if I say the GP of a lady on this forum went to a session where it was recommended to my doc.

Suzi Q

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 12:08:35 PM »

3 years ago youd have been given 25x2 thats the dosage the only dosage 14 then twice a week - 50mgx7
So many women find 10m isnt enough -20m a week some take it 5 nights a week
Im lucky in Ozz they still only have 25m and I was told by 3 GPs u can take Vagifem indefo
Unless something isnt right with you xxx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 04:36:54 PM »

My lovely newly found lady doctor is happy for me to use Vagifem 5x10mg a week, plus Ovestin cream for the outside bits.
At the moment I use the Vagifem every other night but this last week have used it 5 times as I seemed to have had a little blip.

I use a very small amount of the Ovestin cream 2/3 times a week.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 04:41:36 PM by Tinkerbell »

Night_Owl

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »

Hi Annie, I use Replens externally when it looks like l'amour is on cards.   It's great stuff for external moisturising, I love it, and doesn't matter if it transfers to him.  Also use Vagifem 10mcg twice weekly (mornings) and a tiny amount of Ovestin occasionally on outside (mornings) when I know no contact with OH.

Annie0710

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »

I do use replens too. What's the estring ? If that's the ring I'm not sure it'd be suitable for me, tried the cervical ring years ago for prolapse and it spent more time in my underwear than it did inside me

I'll book an appt after I've gathered enough evidence for my case

Thank you ladies

Annie xx

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 08:16:23 PM »

Hurdity look !
DHEA and testosterone added to it !
I've only read that bit

"
Pros   Estriol vaginal cream is a great option for vaginal dryness, because it is so gentle and  safe to use, especially if there are concerns related to breast cancer. Many of the local oncologists are now using estriol for women that have a history or have present disease. This type of cream will slowly but effectively help both internal and external vaginal tissue, and can also be used on the vulva and urethral tissue. Results may be expected in as little as 1-2 weeks.Estriol vaginal cream can also be custom-compounded to include a small amount of testosterone and DHEA. This is especially beneficial for many women as it quickly plumps up the tissue and can also increase sex drive. "

Annie xx

Thanks Annie - sounds interesting!  I googled that and it's from an American commercial site where they sell various products for women and menopause (not the creams though) - there are all sorts of things available there (in US) that aren't here and actually they aren't subject to the same trials as products here I don't think. It would be good if all sorts of different formulations of teststerone were produced and trialed for women in UK - unfortunately until more research is carried out into the benefits (and long term safety) of teststerone (and possibly DHEA) in women then I don't think it will be commercially viable on NHS so it's a vicious circle isn't it!

By the way I don't apply the estriol cream very liberally because I'm not using it for lubrication but to strengthen the tissues around the v entrance which the pessaries don't reach. As I said the Gynest cream ( now generic estriol cream 0.01 %) is the best for this as it is weaker so less chance of overusing.

Hurdity x

Annie0710

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 05:00:48 PM »

Thanks Hurdity

I posted that before I had enough time to read up thoroughly, I think I'm so desperate for a miracle

I am going to ask about estriol , vagifem has worked wonders stopping the uti's instantly but externally nothing's really changed apart from plumping at the pubic bone area, undercarriage needs attention still, it's like underwear is hurting very top of my legs (that bit) but it's not the underwear, I've bought new cotton ones and ones I wore before all this and nothing helps

I love you lot for your advice

Annie xx
Pages: [1] 2 3