Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Lansoprazole  (Read 26901 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lansoprazole
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 03:09:07 PM »

:thankyou:  for years I could eat grapefruit but not oranges.

Is this Association medic-led?  The gut can become un-settled for a many reasons as there are stars in the sky  ::) bu…r it!  and stress makes mine a lot worse.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »

Sparkle and honeybun - this is very interesting.  However, for me any of the onion family gives me terrible heartburn and citrus fruits makes my urethra burn when I pee. I am vegetarian and eat a lot of salad and vegetables but I have to be careful of too much greens as this gives me diarrhoea - cauliflower and chestnuts give me appalling wind and also speeds up me digestive tract.  Maybe my system is very sensitive!!!!
I must be very strange as goats milk and cheese also gives me awful wind and cramps!!!!
I know red wine is supposed to be good for digestion but I can't even tolerate that at the moment.
I'm trying to eat small amounts and keep food simple and see how it goes.  DG x

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 03:24:45 PM »

It would be great if we could just find a way of eating that was fail safe.

Remember back to when we were young and could eat anything at all......did we appreciate it....did we heck  ::)

Took my first pill this morning and it was fine. I'm a bit headachy today but I suspect I'm just tired. I've been doing far too much again and the next few days are going to be busy ones.

It will be interesting to see if this pill works any better than omeprazole or just the same.
Burning stomach has gone but the lump in the throat is still there.

Honeybun
X

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 03:28:08 PM »

Anyone tried Apple cider vinegar.

A teaspoon in water is supposed to be very good.

I'm tempted to try but I'm a coward  ::)

Honeybun
X

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »

Right, who is going to go first.  ;D

Mind you I haven't got a clue where to get it from. Amazon I suppose.

Yes the lumpy throat is often caused by anxiety. The first time I had it I was convinced there was something seriously wrong. Then I discovered I could still swallow food quite easily and stopped panicking. It's a horrid feeling though.

Honeybun
X

Claireylou

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 03:43:02 PM »

Honeybun,  you can get Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in H and B.  I'm too scared to try but my sister in law has had amazing success with it xx

Claireylou

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 03:50:29 PM »

Hi Sparkle,

Only since she fell into peri.  Had all sorts of digestive issues, acid, bloating, ibs etc. A work colleague suggested she try it and to be fair, apart from the very occasional blip, she hasn't looked back.

She started with a teaspoonful in water twice a day, once in morning and again at night.  I think she has cut it down to once a day now but I'll have to check with her and report back.

I wish I could be brave and take the plunge but the thought of adding more acidity to my battered digestive system is worrying to say the least xxx

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 04:01:05 PM »

Have you got a H & B near you Sparkle, if so you can go first  ;D

It's supposed to be really good. Off to have a little Google.

Honeybun
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 04:13:41 PM »

I have been getting this feeling of tightness in the throat - and a feeling like I have a lump.  When I saw the osteopath for my back she noticed I was not breathing properly, probably because of my back pain. This was also making me short of breath at times.  I started concentrating on expanding my ribcage when I breath to allow greater intakes of breath and this seems to release that tension and opens up the throat. When we are in pain, stressed or anxious we tend to take short breaths high up in the chest - it is amazing how breathing properly can make a difference.
I do agree that it seems impossible to get the diet absolutely right - lets face it, life is short and if we just eat all the things we should, it would be very boring. Chocolate may be bad for acid but it does release those positive endorphins and it so satisfying and delightful - rob me of my occasional indulgences and eating just those healthy things would make me dread every meal.

Interesting about Apple Cider - I've heard about this before somewhere - isn't it one of those good old fashioned remedies our grannies used to use? - you can usually get it in Waitrose and village stores where they sell local produce.

honeybun - I hope the Lansoprazole does the trick - I found they were OK to take and my digestive system did seem to settle on them quite well. My sister who has Crohns has recently been prescribed them and has found them very beneficial!!!!  DG x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »

Cider vinegar use is 100s of years old.  My Mum uses it regularly.  She had polymyalgia rheumatica many years ago and after the steroids were weaned off, she diluted cider vinegar regularly.  Swears by it for easing aching joints.

I've never fancied it …….  ::)

More recently I've found that home grown purple sprouting broccoli affects my transit: exactly 5 hours after eating it I get gut pain and have to 'dash'.  Don't feel ill but it gives my system a very good clear out  :-X …….. I haven't eaten cauliflower for years as it gives me violent wind pains which I can't pass.  I've been allergic to onions since age 12.  Love 'em but they go through me so quickly I hallucinate  :o - not the best way to 'trip' ……

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »

Cheap though CLKD  ;D

You are so right DG, if you took away all treats then I would be miserable.
I have a few things that I would miss so much and I'm probably not doing myself any good eating.
My hubby says I am a tomatoaholic  ;D. There are not many meals that I can't add them too. I have to restrain myself in the summer because I can eat them like sweets. I love summer fruits too. Well to be honest I like most veggies but have to be very careful and given the fact we grow a lot of our own it can be difficult. Hey ho they are good for you. Oh and I do like a glass of wine.

I'm not sure at the moment if my lumpy throat is due to anxiety or not because I'm anxious a lot of the time.
I've certainly had it before and it hangs around for weeks and then just suddenly disappears for years.
I try to breath from the tummy but to be honest I just forget.
Time to relax would be nice but it just doesn't seem to happen for me. Life is quite full on. My mother takes a lot of care now and that's only going to increase as time goes by.
I'm 13  years younger than my sister so am deemed to be able to just keep on going. Don't think that can happen for ever to be honest. It's taking its toll, but there are few other choices.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger......so I'm told  ::)

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 04:57:20 PM »

What rubbish  :-X  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 06:37:14 PM »

Not at all sure it's rubbish at all.

There have been events in my life that I have struggled through and come out the other side a stronger person.

Guess it's all down to how you approach life..

Rubbish though.....nope.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »

I approach with trepidation  :-X

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 09:33:28 PM »