Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vitamin D Worry Again  (Read 5266 times)

Sarai

Re: Vitamin D Worry Again
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 10:55:44 PM »

Toffeecushion don't just assume that what you feel is anxiety. I conned myself in that way as I was a bit anxious having just gone through surgery.
If you look up vitamin D side effects upset stomach, altered taste and appetite are on there.
I suffered shaking and weakness which I now believe was low blood sugar, tingling, sore skin, anxiety, altered taste, loss of appetite, bowels a mess, my hair fell out.
I took 40000iu a week for 4 weeks, my levels shot from 18 to 97 but I felt no benefit at all. My level has already dropped to 61 after 8 weeks.
I have reported what happened to me to the drug company. I have waited 8 weeks since stopping to feel normal again. ALL the symptoms faded in that time including anxiety.
You may be able to tolerate it in another form. I know I can take cod liver oil and be in the sun.
My daughter has tried twice to take it and both times suffered side effects.
The docs are so wrong to say side effects cannot happen.

GeordieGirl

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 06:28:31 AM »

I always believe the natural way is the kindest. I've had 4 days in the Greek sun and am feeling fabulous.  Lots of fresh fruit, vitamin D from the sun and lots of sleep. Highly recommended!

If the supplements aren't agreeing with you then cut the dose or find an alternative that works better - even a change of brand may help as some put fillers in there too. 

Best of luck
GG x

toffeecushion

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 03:59:45 PM »

To be honest I think it is the anxiety I have about taking medication that is making me feel the way I do.
Pages: 1 [2]