Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: bleeding  (Read 2245 times)

donnarob

bleeding
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:16:49 PM »

Hello Girls

I am 55 years old and over 2 years post meno. I can honestly say, this has been the worst year when it comes to physical symptoms due to the meno.  I have had really bad low back pain, and my hot flushes and night sweats seem to be coming back to haunt me.

I feel as if my old body is being goverened by hormones see-sawing and making me feel awful.

Last Sept I had a few spots of blood on the toilet tissue, but enough to warrant an urgent referral to the gynecologist.  He did a ultrasound scan, pap smear and biopsy and everything appeared fine with the exception of a tilted womb and a small 2.5cm fibroid.  I presume my uterine lining was okay too.

Just last night, I had another show of spots of blood and here's the rub (scuse the pun), don't know where it was coming from.  I have been applying water based Yes, Yes; Yes lubricant and had run out of applicators, maybe I scratched myself? over zelous cleaning in the shower or UTI who knows?  The sight of blood again has thrown me into panic mode but I'm trying to be rational and tell myself that I had a complete check 8 months ago.  Do you think the DR will send me back for another check with the gynae....it's all a bit weird, as I live in Norway and I saw a very well respected gynecologist last year.

I do feel sore, hot and itchy "down there" hence the lubrication which seemed to work well.  Maybe it could be vaginal athrophy causing the blood?

I would value your input