Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Endoscopy  (Read 27743 times)

ellie

Re: Endoscopy
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »

Well done you 👏👏.  Glad all went so well and they found nothing serious. I bet now you know the results, you feel so much better.  It's usual for them to take a sample, am sure it will be fine...........

Katejo

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2016, 09:31:41 PM »

Well done you 👏👏.  Glad all went so well and they found nothing serious. I bet now you know the results, you feel so much better.  It's usual for them to take a sample, am sure it will be fine...........

Part of me wishes that I hadn't had it done even though it was probably sensible. A bit like paying for one of those private health assessments when they find things for which you had few or no symptoms. A sort of relief i suppose but I'm not 100% convinced. They label 4 conditions but then tell me that it isn't serious. i have looked them all up so am not so worried but will probably get a lecture from a GP about not taking ibuprofen. i only use it for tension headache/muscular pain and only when i really have to.

So did they take a sample from you and it was ok? I doubt I have an infection.

Katejo

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2016, 09:39:12 PM »

Well done Katejo, now you can relax.  Who do you see next re the results and treatment?

S x

I have to wait 3 weeks for the results of the sample taken. I will wait for the GP to contact me. I actually don't want any treatment, certainly not any drugs unless the symptoms get worse. I thought they might find something in the chest part but not lower down. Most of the time I don't have the symptoms.

Do you declare your gastric condition when you get holiday insurance? I don't really want to.

Katejo

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2016, 06:09:56 PM »

I don't actually know, probably something your gp could answer when you see him/her.  I suppose medication depends on the cause of the gastritis, if it's H Pylori then I think it's a short course of antibiotics and a PPI to clear it.

S x
Did you get extra burping/stomach discomfort for a few days after the procedure? I normally don't have this much at all. I really didn't expect them to find anything in my stomach but something is irritating it now. I saw a GP today who has given me a 1 week  course of Lanseprazole to help it. I don't have the result of the sample taken yet.

Katejo

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2016, 07:01:18 PM »

To be honest Katejo those are my symptoms anyway so I wouldn't notice any difference.  I know my throat was sore (more than usual) for a few days after but that's understandable having had a camera shoved down it.  Maybe it's irritated the hiatus hernia.  Also if they've taken biopsies then that may have aggravated it too.

S x
My throat is ok. It is possible that they irritated the hiatus hernia which I didn't know I had. Only 1 sample taken and GP said it wasn't a full biopsy.

Katejo

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2016, 10:36:16 PM »

Do you know what it was for.  Not sure I understand what a part biopsy is, did he/she explain?

S x
I meant that it wasn't a biopsy. That's what the GP said. It was just to test for any infection. She said that a biopsy takes as long as 8 weeks for the result and I was told 3 weeks.

Katejo

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2016, 10:53:06 PM »

Oh I'm with it now, so that's testing for H Pylori.  They take a biopsy in the duodenum to test for coeliac.

S x
Yes that is right.

dangermouse

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2016, 07:25:42 PM »

Yes I felt a bit irritated for a couple of days after because of all the rooting about with the tube.

The Ibuprofen may have caused some of the erosion (I can't take NSAIDs at all as it makes my stomach bleed).

I never got a cuppa either.  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2016, 08:45:04 PM »

Yes I felt a bit irritated for a couple of days after because of all the rooting about with the tube.

The Ibuprofen may have caused some of the erosion (I can't take NSAIDs at all as it makes my stomach bleed).
Now I know that they didn't find anything serious , I wish i hadn't had it done. Now have discomfort which I never or rarely had before. I keep thinking about the hiatus hernia and my burping hasn't cleared. Have only had 1 dose of ibuprofen  since last week but it would be difficult  to give up completely. Paracetamol doesn't reduce inflammation. Have you found an alternative?
I never got a cuppa either.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:03:30 PM by Katejo »

dangermouse

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2016, 09:41:14 PM »

Mine was slow transit from hormone imbalance (it's notably cyclical) but I'm not taking anything now.

I saw an endocrinologist yesterday who also said my previous duodenal ulcer diagnosis (about 15 years ago which didn't have endoscopy for until after it apparently healed) was more likely to be gastric migraines which cause similar digestive distress but it isn't caused by acid but by oestrogen. She said she sees a lot of women with similar type symptoms to me so not sure if my migraines are rare or just not easy to diagnose.

However, I definitely don't do well with acidic aspirin based meds (including the topical gels) as they make my stomach sore for a few days which I think is quite common (hence why they're often prescribed with PPIs to combat the acid). Stopping acid with PPIs though makes me unable to digest food and I then get sore from that so I'm just leaving my stomach to chug along. Wine helps with digestion though.  ;)

Katejo

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2016, 07:02:38 PM »

Mine was slow transit from hormone imbalance (it's notably cyclical) but I'm not taking anything now.

I saw an endocrinologist yesterday who also said my previous duodenal ulcer diagnosis (about 15 years ago which didn't have endoscopy for until after it apparently healed) was more likely to be gastric migraines which cause similar digestive distress but it isn't caused by acid but by oestrogen. She said she sees a lot of women with similar type symptoms to me so not sure if my migraines are rare or just not easy to diagnose.

However, I definitely don't do well with acidic aspirin based meds (including the topical gels) as they make my stomach sore for a few days which I think is quite common (hence why they're often prescribed with PPIs to combat the acid). Stopping acid with PPIs though makes me unable to digest food and I then get sore from that so I'm just leaving my stomach to chug along. Wine helps with digestion though.  ;)
I haven't  come across gastric migraine. What is it exactly?

You say that wine helps but I have read that alcohol is supposed to be avoided?

Have any of you tried  Apple cider vinegar? Browsed quite a few success stories about it today. Also people saying that eating apples improved things.

dangermouse

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2016, 10:52:34 PM »

I think they are just migraines that affect the stomach but the main point is that they are neurological and are being triggered by oestrogen's water retention properties.

I've tried ACV (although I've pretty much tried everything!) but, apart from caffeine that improves migraines, most substances make my situation worse but I think for most people it's meant to be very effective so worth a try.

Katejo

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2016, 06:04:45 PM »

Oh I'm with it now, so that's testing for H Pylori.  They take a biopsy in the duodenum to test for coeliac.

S x

I now know that the test for H pylori was negative. At least 1 good thing as I really didn't want a course of antibiotics.   :) It seems that my sliding hiatus hernia is 1 cm. I don't know how that compares with other patients so any feedback welcome. I found a patient support website about hernias earlier but was only on my phone at the time so will find it again for a proper look this evening.

Katejo

« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »

Good news, Katejo! I had H. pylori and the treatment was really awful, I coudn't eat properly, felt nausea and my guts stopped working, just like that.

Horrible! Did it clear up once you had finished the AB course?

Katejo

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »

Last entry mine was 2cm.  Hopefully it will still be the same on Saturday!

S x
How long has it been 2cm? Good luck for Saturday!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6