Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Health Anxiety - kicking ass  (Read 3765 times)

rebelyell

Health Anxiety - kicking ass
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:18:53 AM »

Have also put this in Private Lives forum, but wanted non-members to read aswell.  Help me keep this attitude up!!

After months of health anxiety - centring on worry about teeth, but blossoming into most major illnesses by lunchtime most days! - I have decided to take affirmative action.  Am weaning myself off citalopram after only 4 months on them as I felt so flat and emotionless.   Had tooth removed and am going for an implant.  Gums started bleeding again between ttwo teeth last week, worried for several days then gave myself strict talking to.   So, am doing the following:

Going to appointment with hygienist next week, may as well know if teeth are falling out, and then deal with it!
Having phone consultation with Counselor via my GP - will get some coping methods for panic attacks.
Keeping busy so I don't have time to think about it.

Am also going back to expensive hairdresser as local one has ruined my hair.  Some things just are so worth it!

All in all I am going to Kick ass.  Sick of feeling like this, at 55 years old with no money worries, flexible career that is going well, lovely grown-up kids, no mortgage, etc, etc.  I am in danger of drifting through the rest of my life just 'getting by'. What is the point?

SO - KICK ASS.