Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Terrified (MRI scan needed)  (Read 17370 times)

Jane44

Re: Terrified (MRI scan needed)
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »

Hi Taz yes that's the one he is amazing my friend goes to his open evenings and supports other people going through treatment it is amazing the book is fab too x

GeordieGirl

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2015, 04:43:31 PM »

Wow! Thanks all for the messages, I'm feeling rather loved :-)

Jane, that's exactly the treatment my consultant has referred me for. It's pioneering in the UK (only 4 centres offer it) but it's been used in France for 40 years. It would be great to chat to your friend if she's willing?

I'm off to Greece tomorrow for a week, the consultant said to continue with the break as I need it. It'll give me more time for reading and researching as well as some natural vitamin D. I get the collywobbles when thinking about the treatment so only do so when I'm reading about it - the rest of my time is filled with busy stuff / nice stuff / kiddy stuff or food. (Or sex - another good distraction :-) )

Here's hoping I can come back to this thread in a few months time with a squeaky clean colon and a clean bill of health.

Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2015, 05:03:18 PM »

Xxxxxxxxx
Have a lovely time
Xxxxxxxxx

Annie

Hurdity

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2015, 05:10:11 PM »

Enjoy your hols GeordieGirl and hope you have lots of sunshine and relaxation  :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2015, 09:11:24 PM »

Don't read whilst you are away  ;) - sit back, relax, dose, slap on the sun-tan lotion …...

croxie

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »

Many years ago when mailing lists were in fashion (in the mid 90's) I started a list for cancer patients, their friends and families. I was diagnosed myself with
cervical cancer around the same time and needed an outlet that didn't include my own family and friends. It didn't take long to realise that I was not the only
one who had problems talking to my loved ones about my own fears and worries around the disease, and I had more than 500 members at one point.

You mentioned in another post that you were feeling just fine with no symptoms and that it almost made you feel a bit bad. One of the members I had on my list was
diagnosed with ovarian cancer and she described the same thing. No symptoms and since she knew that ovarian cancer was suppose to be (and usually are) very
painful and difficult to handle, she was filled with guilt about her own situation since her life didn't change much.

To me cancer was a trip of a lifetime that I don't want to do again, however being a survivor also made me realise that a diagnose doesn't always mean that there is
no way back. But yes, it's a shock when you sit there with your doc and hear him/her say the C word. Personally I can't remember a word that was said to me that
day and I regret that I left my best friend sitting in the waiting room when the treatment was discussed. I had my diagnose over the phone (which was against their
own regulations I found out later) a couple of days earlier.

I hope your trip to Greece will give you some time off all this. Sometimes a change of scenery can be a good thing :)

Take care,

Christa

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2015, 05:14:42 PM »

Thanks Christa!  Talking to others gains empathy usually  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]